Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out of my account (Possibly hacked)

Locked out of my account (Possibly hacked)

Hi all, as you could imagine this account is not the account I regularly use. Infact I created this account in attempts to recover my real account. 

Once I got home from work today I boot up my PC to see my spotify hasn't automatically logged in like it usually does, weird. I attempt multiple possible passwords and to no avail. I try getting a password reset sent via email, no luck there either. It seems as if the account I was using has had it's email and password changed without my permission. 

I do have proof of ownership in card transactions for premium but don't know how I can recover without assistance from staff.

Thanks, Adam

Ps, account name is beastslayer1. It's still an active account and has playlists available

2 Replies

Hey there @beastslayer2, welcome to the community!

That's not good, especially on the holidays! I'd recommend getting in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so that they can take a look behind the scenes and help you further. You can reach out to them by using the contact form. Make sure, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

You can also read this support article that offers also additional measures you can take to protect your account 🙂

Hope this helps you get reunited with your tunes! Happy Holidays 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I am having the same issue. I am no longer able to login to my account after receiving a suspected spam email saying my subscription was cancelled. Will I ever be able to log back into my account? My account is still active but looks like it has had its password and email changed as well. 

Suggested posts