Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out

Locked out

Hi everyone, I find myself in an absurd loop and the situation is quite stressing.

I don't know why, but since 3 or 4 days ago I can't login to spotify, neither web player, nor android app. I registered a few months ago with my facebook account and I never had any type of problem untill now. 

Whenever I try to sign into spotify, with facebook, i get a message which says "incorrect username and password", even though I'm currently logged on facebook. So I tried changing the FB password, no effect, reinstalling the app, no effect, clearing my web cache etc. and still no effect. 

After a few days of searching on internet a solution, I decided to write a post on this community. Too bad I need to login with my spotify account to ask for help with logging into my spotify account!

This is why I'm now writing with my brother's profile. I can't imagine what could have originated this situation, since I didn't move outside of my country, nor did I change any settings at all. It just started blocking my access to the account out of nowhere.

I live in Italy so I'm translating the error message I'm getting, but also when I try to login to some other section of the spotify website i get this: "you already have an account registered with this email", as if I were trying to register and not logging in.

Sorry for the long post, but I tried to be as thorough as possible about it.

Can someone help me figure out what to do? 

Thank you in advance. Julian

3 Replies

Hey @nicholasfrick

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. Try to give them as much information about your account as you can so they can help track it down.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @MattJSuda , I'll try it right away.

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts