Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8/ Samsung Gear S3 Fronteir

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have the Spotify app downloaded on my phone and watch, I can control my music from my watch pretty easily so far. My issue comes when trying to stream spotify through my watch at the gym and leave my phone in my locker. I can't figure it out! as soon as I'm out of range from my phone my speakers cut out so my headphones obviously aren't connected through my watch. I was trying to adjust the playback from remote to wifi but when i choose wifi, it makes me log into my spotify account, i choose log in with Facebook like i do on any device but when i enter my credentials it says log in failed, invalid username/password. I've tried removing offline devices, uninstalling the app, restarting my phone/watch...nothing is working PLEASE HELP!!!

IMG_20180620_092419.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Leave it to the trusty users at Reddit to solve my problem. I had to log in with Spotify instead of Facebook for whatever reason (even though my spotify account is linked to facebook) I had to go to spotify.com_Log in_forgot password_reset pasword and then log in on my watch with my Spotify username and new password. 

I'm not sure how or why i had this much trouble connecting my watch to wifi but i can now stream music through my watch without having my phone nearby as long as my watch is connected to WiFi.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Well, as far as i know you have to be in close proximity to your phone for the watch and remote headphones to work...

As for your login problem try login in from a desktop device. Also if your account is created using facebook you have to use the login with faceboom option witch may not be available on smartwatch. Try disconnecting your account from facebook (more info here )  and loging in using your credentials, making sure your username and password are correct.

Hopfully i help you to solve your problem ❤️

Thanks for the response but unfortunately that doesn't help in my situation 

Hi, do try to log in with your facebook username? You need to get this other "username" which is a number of several digits... In your settings you can choose an option "decive password" or something like this. Then they will send you an email with your username and an extra password. With those you can log in to spotify via facebook on your phone.

edit: I mean: you can log in via Facebook on your gear fit with this new username (numbers) and the generated password you will receive via mail.

Marked as solution

Leave it to the trusty users at Reddit to solve my problem. I had to log in with Spotify instead of Facebook for whatever reason (even though my spotify account is linked to facebook) I had to go to spotify.com_Log in_forgot password_reset pasword and then log in on my watch with my Spotify username and new password. 

I'm not sure how or why i had this much trouble connecting my watch to wifi but i can now stream music through my watch without having my phone nearby as long as my watch is connected to WiFi.

Suggested posts