Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Log everyone out of my Spotify

Log everyone out of my Spotify

I keep getting "your account is being used somewhere else". Can I force logout all instances of my account?

Top Answer
Maxim
Spotify Star
83 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community! 

If you go to your account page, here - https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/, you should see a button on the bottom right. The button says "Sign Out Everywhere." Click that and you should be good to go!

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I keep getting this error on multiple devices.  

1. I have tried the "sign out everywhere procedure"

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-a...

It is still kicking me off

2. I'd rather not change my password as I've signed up as a FB User.

Any suggestions

@heathbar13 wrote:

I keep getting this error on multiple devices.  

1. I have tried the "sign out everywhere procedure"

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-a...

It is still kicking me off

2. I'd rather not change my password as I've signed up as a FB User.

Any suggestions

When you went here it let you sign out of other accounts but you're still being notified that another user is signed on? In that case, someone likely has your Facebook password and you should change it as soon as possible.

uggg... thank you

Hi,

I'm a Spotify Premium user using the Web Player and recently I keep getting the following message:

"Spotify has paused because your account is being used somewhere else"

Now before you say the usual lines, Yes I HAVE:

• Used the "Sign out everywhere" feature
  • Removed all "offline devices"
  • Changed my passwords on Spotify and Facebook (I know that wasn't the issue anyway)

If there was a feature to see a list of current sign-ins this issue would be really easy to debug for users. But I have no way of knowing why Spotify is deciding to trigger this error.

Could anyone help me fix this issue?

Many Thanks,

EL

Hello!

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good.

May I ask:

1. What web browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Chrome etc)

2. What OS are you using? (Windows, OSX etc)

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

OS = Windows 7

Browser = Chrome

Can anyone help with my issue? I'm hitting a wall here and I'm going to have to cancle my subscription if I can't get it working.

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

This link can sow you how:

http://www.aboutcookies.org/DEFAULT.ASPX?page=2#gchromex

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I deleted both Spotify and Facebook cookies and it now WORKS!

Thank you very much JoeThomas for you're help 😄

No worries. Feel free to hit me up if you receive any more problems.
-

Ignore, made new post instead

Ok, so I'm starting to get really pissed now - My Spotify account keeps saying I'm logged in elsewhere and because of this my music keeps being paused! I have logged out, logged in, changed my password, logged out EVERYWHERE - I have done everything your forums suggests, but it freakin' keeps saying the same **bleep**. I only ever use my spotify from my phone and through Sonos (also from my phone) so I do not understand why this keeps happening. It's beyond annoying and if this continus I will no longer be a paying customer with Spotify, that's for sure!

As I said, I have used the option where you 'log out everywhere' - But when I go back to Spotify after, to play a song, it keep saying the same BS!

Also it wont play on Sonos - There it keeps saying it lost the connection to Spotify!
WTF! And pls don't give me the standard anwser - I have already rebooted everything 20 times - my phone, the router - every single thing has been done!

Nothing works - and YES everything has also been updated!

Hello, and welcome to the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem.

Have you tried using teh contact form yet?

~Joe

-

I have just looked it over, there is no solution to my problem there, which is why I am contacting you about it...

Im having the same issue but I know it's not correct as it tells me when another device is trying to use it. 

@Leelo wrote:
I have just looked it over, there is no solution to my problem there, which is why I am contacting you about it...

I've got the same problem over here.

(Using it with Sonos, but its disconnected. Someone else who uses it with Sonos together?)

I just want it fixed ASAP. I'm paying for my Spotify Premium account every month and I should not be sitting here hour after hour wasting my time trying to fix a problem I obviously cannot fix myself - When I have used the option to log out on all devices (many times now) I should surely not be met with the same **bleep**ty 'your account is being used somewhere else' message. Not a happy camper...

I've tried using my Spotify account both with and without my Sonos system - nothing works. When I try to use it through Sonos it pops up with a 'connection to Spotify lost' and when I try to use Spotify on its own it says 'your account is being used elsewhere' ... But i can however use Sonos for radio and all - So it's def a Spotify issue!

Suggested posts