Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Hey!

I'm on Windows laptop an I can't log in because of error 408! Read some answers on the forum but  seeing as I'm on computer and the others on iPad...

Thanks

Hey @BaldYeti04

That error comes up if you have been using spotify abroad for 14 days or more.

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks it worked great!!!! ;D

Awesome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/400PdC8w7nzIh2vqalEbSA

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi. My father has the same problem. He doesn't succeed to login because of error 408.

Normally he used his email but that didn't work, so we tried with facebook and that didn't work either. I want to check his account, but can't login anymore (wrong username or pw). So it's not possible to check the country. But we didn't go to another country, so it still has to be Belgium.

When I want to change his pw (on spotify.com), he refers me to facebook account. And if I want to make a new account with his emailadress, he already knows it.

Don't know what to do anymore... Can somebody help us pls?

Hey @palstermanj

He should ask for a password reset. That should give him access to his account again.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi
Although this is my email I do not use Spotify.
I have been receiving these emails for some time and I have been ignoring them.
Would you please remove my email address from your system.

Hey @beresharris

Go to the top of the page and look for TOPIC OPTIONS. In there click on Unsubscribe to stop receiving emails if you wish to do so.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I have a free account. Trying to access to the desktop version. I´m connecting from Colombia (not ColUmbia) and my account is set to Colombia. Still this error 408 keeps on showing.

Not using proxy or VPN.

Dont make use of the mobile version.

Hey @cpcarlos89

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I opened an account while traveling in spain, but have now been back home in canada for more than a year and never been able to log back in 

Hey @Marianne6

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I created an account for the members of the Church I attend to download some playlists for them to listen while on the go. And all of a sudden I can't access: getting the error code 408. Any help? 

Maybe try deleting the app

and redownloading it. If that doesn’t work, ask them to download the app and follow you, so they can view your playlists.

Suggested posts