Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

@MoFkNKal wrote:

On the overview page it shows US and here https://www.spotify.com/it/account/profile/ it shows italy..

Could you please change it?

If you're currently based in Italy, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly. Make sure to include your date of birth and Italian post/zip code to speed things along.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi,

I get this error when I try to log into Spotify on my Ipod. Could you please help me?

@Gufrid wrote:
Hi,

I get this error when I try to log into Spotify on my Ipod. Could you please help me?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have a Spotify premium account?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I get error 408 was registred i Finland but now i live in Sweden.

@Amplify wrote:
I get error 408 was registred i Finland but now i live in Sweden.

You should be able to update your country from your online profile which should get rid of that error 😉 

Peter

Peter

I'm getting this error too, downloaded the app when I was in Spain but I live in Sydney Australia... Would this be why? Is there a way to update my profile? I've tried re installing the app from aus and also looked at my profile online, says its set to Australia

@Jimbo546 wrote:
I'm getting this error too, downloaded the app when I was in Spain but I live in Sydney Australia... Would this be why? Is there a way to update my profile? I've tried re installing the app from aus and also looked at my profile online, says its set to Australia

What device are you trying to listen on? 

If its a mobile or a tablet, do you have Spotify premium? 

Peter

Peter

I have moved from Australia to Spain and now cannot log in.

Please advise what I need to do to access my account now I live here

Thanks

@ibizapinups wrote:
I have moved from Australia to Spain and now cannot log in.

Please advise what I need to do to access my account now I live here

Thanks

Just update your country on your online profile to Spain and you should be good to go!

Peter

Peter

Dunno why but after I posted my message on here it started working like magic! Maybe the spotify community gods decided to help me out 😛 thanks for the speedy assistance though!

So I have this problem and when I try to update my country to Australia where I am it says my email address is already lined to another account... Genious automatic system its linked to the account I'm changing! What really annoys me is it was registered to Australia until I thought I will check out the online web player thing thats been developed then it decided to be a pain in the butt and put me back in England and not let me change it since.

Not impressed, is there a moderator that can get into my account and sort this all out on here?

luke_barrett - Hey! You appear to have 2 accounts linked to your email address here. You have your UK account linked to the username 'luke.barrett' and an AU account created through your Facebook.

We'd suggest getting rid of an account here, to avoid any more confusion. Would you like me to delete one? Should we delete the AU one, you'll be able to change the country in your 'luke.barrett' one without any trouble.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That explains why I managed to log in threw facebook the other day is it possible to merge the two accounts? I imagine I have music on on both and people I'm following or been followed on the Facebook one. I'd rather not lose all the music I've favourited etc on either account so if there is a way to merge the two completely that would be great.

luke_barrett - We can't do any of that here, but if you could contact our support team, they'll be able to help you further.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am trying to use my phone and it is also giving me a 408 error! I am from USA, but currently in Thailand. It worked in Indonesia!
Marked as solution

@Shayleigh wrote:
I am trying to use my phone and it is also giving me a 408 error! I am from USA, but currently in Thailand. It worked in Indonesia!

Hey there. If you had a Premium or Unlimited subscription, your account would work fine indefinitely. On the Free service you get 14 days of "vacation time" but after that your account becomes inaccessible. Details here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have a premium account which I use on my holiday in paris (I live in amsterdam, netherlands) with the spotify iphone app, even though it's premium, I still get the 408 error since today. Kind regards, Sacrevy.
Marked as solution

@Sacrevy wrote:
I have a premium account which I use on my holiday in paris (I live in amsterdam, netherlands) with the spotify iphone app, even though it's premium, I still get the 408 error since today. Kind regards, Sacrevy.

You will never get error 408 on an active premium account, so something is not quite right there! 

Can you just double check your subscription is still showing as premium on your online overview and you are logging in using the correct details on your device? 

Peter

Peter

^ thanks for the link.
Turns out my premium is gone, happened so fast! Will buy again. Also, one question: can you access offline content and normal content on your mobile while using Spotify Unlimited ?

@Sacrevy wrote:
^ thanks for the link.
Turns out my premium is gone, happened so fast! Will buy again. Also, one question: can you access offline content and normal content on your mobile while using Spotify Unlimited ?

Spotify unlimited only gives you unlimited ad-free listening on the desktop client. 

If you want offline playlists, higher quality sound and mobile access those are all premium only feautres which require an active subscription.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts