Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Try reinstalling spotify:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I get a 408 while in Thailand BUT i have a spotify premium account which was also just automaticly renewed and the fee taken from my account.

I already wrote a message and asked for helpe here but no answer. I tried everything to solve it.

As i will be abroad for the next 2 month i cant login in my resident country.

Any ideas or solutions? If not i just need to cancel my premium account which i already payed without any service in the last 4 weeks.

Thanks for help.

Hi @1122084945 it sounds as if you may have signed in with the wrong details or created a second account, particularly as I can't see a previous post from this username. Are you signing in with your facebook login (this account is linked to facebook) and not a username? Please try logging out and back in with your facebook credentials.

What appears under subscription status on this page?

Hi,

i have not created a new account.I tried to use the "device login" thats conected to my acount "melanie girschner" as i am desperate and tried everything already.

Use Spotify on your devices

Set your device password to use Spotify on your Sonos, Squeezebox and a whole heap of other devices.
I guess thats when my use name changed BUT its still the same account and no new one.

The Login with the "device login" dont work anywys so i still login via my facebook account.

When i try to login via my facebook account i get follwing:

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 07.27.10.png

When i try to login via the login fields and fill in my details i get the same "Login failed" info (pictures as posted)

When i click "update your profile" a new browser window opens with my spotify account overview.

Country is set to "sweden" where i was before i traveled. I cant change it to Thailand as Thailand is not listed.

I also tried to "sign out everywhere" and it didnt help.

Sign out everywhere

Sign out wherever you have Spotify open, including the web, mobile, desktop or any other devices.

Order Number on all invoices is:

Subscription was just deducted from my Bank account

Subscription status

You have got an active subscription.You subscription will automatically change to Spotify Premium on 2014-02-28 and you will be charged 9,99 € unless you cancel recurrent payments.

Thanks for your help,

Mel

this is the reference of my first message from April 2nd:

Spotify Fall # 01350706:  Error code 408 ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0bCSqj:ref

My User Number was at this date already the same like now: 1122084945

Mac, Ipad and Iphone,
Hi i have a premium account and i am normally based in Germany and Dubai. Now i am staying for 4 weeks in Thailand for a Holiday and my Spotify account dont work anymore. I cant change the account to Thailand as you dont have spotify here.
Can you please solve this issue asap as i like to use it and i pay for a subscription i am unable to use since days!

If you reply to the automated email, one of the consultants will get back to you soon.

Thanks for your help!

Already wrote them twice, no anwer.

Will keep trying!

I'll escalate that case number to the spotify guys for you.

Hey, an email was sent to you yesterday from support. Is everything sorted now?

Yes- thanks for your help.  Suddenly i got 3 diffrent people on the case.

It looks like there is a problem with the Automated bank payemnt on Spotify side. The Amount is deducted from my account but they cant find it on theirs. I had to stop my Automated Bank transfer, so they could change my account status. I have to choose a new payment option now as they previous option is not supported anymore! I have a free trial version for now and will change to premium again after this.

Thanks for the help,

Melanie

Glad it's sorted 🙂

Ok so i keep getting 408 coming up, how can I get my account restarted without having to go to the uk. We are in dubai which blocks everything so spotify is not allowed. I set my account up last year in uk but credit card ran out which shut down the account. Help 🙂

Hi there,

If you're able to access your account subscription page on our website, simply update your card information, resubscribe and you should be ready to roll 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I'm getting error 408 for a week now, which is very strange because I have not been out of the Netherlands in the last month. Can somebody help me out

Hi All,

I am also receiving an 408 error, for some weeks now. My country is set correctly (Netherlands) and I am loggin in from the Netherlands... I have also requested support from Spotify, no response (beside an email stating that I should look on the community pages...).

Please help.

Kind regards,

Teun

Hey @teunvl if you reply to that email, they'll get back to you shortly.

Unfortionatly, no response to the email. It was sent from no-reply@spotify.com, so I don't really expect a reply. Is there any way to get in contact with Spotify for this problem and get a reaction from a human?

This problem still exists: "I am also receiving an 408 error, for some weeks now. My country is set correctly (Netherlands) and I am loggin in from the Netherlands... I have also requested support from Spotify, no response (beside an email stating that I should look on the community pages...)."

When did you reply to that automated email?

I have problems to log in my Spotify with error 408 (**bleep**ing country) in iPhone, website, windows and macbook.

I have selected the correct country in my profile without fixed the problem....

My internet provider is Spanish and I am in Spain.... 

wtf...

anybody can help me?

Mi Spotify username is "alexMAC"

Suggested posts