Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logged in as me.... Logged in with facebook as me but still has the wrong name

Logged in as me.... Logged in with facebook as me but still has the wrong name

Hola 
Im helping a friend

I hope someone understands this and can help. 

He (Juan) has sportify and he is linked with his facebook too (I have checked), but the name on the right hand side of the player still reads as his friends name (Jorge)

but the photo is his, from(Juan's) facebook ????.

I think his friend (Jorge) logged into his facebook through my friend (Juans) sportify account but im not sure and he has not got a clue! 

So my question is how does he change the name back to his own?

I have tried logging in and out through both sportify and facebook accounts, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole sportify player i don't know what to do. 
Also if i uninstall sportify will he lose his play lists? 

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

No don't worry, you won't loose any playlist data when you reinstall they are saved server side. 

As for the Facebook issue, just double check that the Spotify account in question is connected to the correct Facebook account (Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnect with the correct account). 

The issue is Spotify caches (temporarily stores) certain data on both the servers and the clients, in order to save bandwidth meaning changes don't always appear straight away. Try leaving it for 24 hours, it should correct itself, if not, try the clean reinstallation as you suggested. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for thaking time to answer my question, I have checked everything to make sure that account he is connected to is the right one and as far as i can tell it is.
I will have him wait 24hrs if it still hasnt changed ill go back tomorrow and reinstall it for him. 🙂

Thanks again 🙂

Suggested posts