Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logged into Spotify and my playlists that I've worked on for months are gone.

Logged into Spotify and my playlists that I've worked on for months are gone.

I only have one login, and I use my Facebook account to login. Other playlists that I've created are still there, but the most important ones have vanished. Is there a way to get these back? I don't have a premium account, only the free one. This is kind of sad.

10 Replies

Don't panic but read this post on how to recover your playlists 🙂

Those steps unfortunately do not help. I only have one account and it used my Facebook account. Other playlists that I've created are still there, only the important ones have vanished.

This part of the post does though:

If the above doesn't help, does not apply to you, or if you have created a subscription to Unlimited or Premium on the newly created account, please get in touch with us, using the Customer Support contact form ."

Ok thanks. I've sent them a message.

Hi,

So I submitted a ticket and the response I got was to check the status of the servers, which seem ok, or to come here and ask other users how to resolve this issue. I only have one account so it's not the double account issue some people have (which was the only relevant thing on their help page). I don't know why my playlists just disappeared. How can I get my playlists back??? I really don't think following Spotify on Twitter is going to get my playlists back.  Here's the email I got from Spotify in reference to my ticket:

------

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you: 
Account and login
I’ve lost my playlists
Some of my playlists have disappeared

Hello,
I logged into Spotify and 3 or my playlists have disappeared. I only have one login and that is my Facebook account. Some playlists that I've created are still there, but the ones that are most important to me have vanished. Is there a way I can get these back?

Regards,
Joe 

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter: 
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

What's interesting, is that I can go back in my Facebook history and see the playlists I shared. Unfortunately, I can't see all the songs because there's a limit to the number of songs that can be viewed on Facebook. But I can click on the playlists and Spotify will playback. It's strange, FB still knows about the playlists, but the Spotify app doesn't show them.

Now that I know that playlists can just disappear, is there a way to export playlist song names? That would be a great feature given this unfortunate defect.

Hey 🙂 

I am not sure about exporting the song names, but you can back up your playlists in a similar way to section 3 of this tutorial meaning if you ever loose them you can easily get them back onto your account again. 

As for your email reply, that looks like an automated one, just reply directly to it even if its from no-reply and that will ensure your case reaches an advisor 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

joeballs - I've just added back any recently deleted playlists to your account, are they the ones you were after?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, they're back!! Thank you! How did you do that and do you know what the problem was?

Thanks so much!

Suggested posts