Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logged out, Can't Log Back In

Logged out, Can't Log Back In

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro 2019, and iPhoneX

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Last week, I was logged out of my Premium account on both my laptop and my iPhone app with no explanation (I made another account in order to post this question). I've been logged in for about 3 years, and my email address connected to my account is my old university email address. I NO LONGER have access to this email account, so through Spotify's reset process, I'm not able to retrieve a password reset code. It is currently impossible for me to log into my original Spotify account. I was charged my Premium monthly payment for the month of June 2 days ago, so I would like this to be fixed asap, so I can get back to listening.
I need to reset my password, but in order to do that, I need to provide my new email address to my account.
For reference, the account I'm referring to is also under "[snip - Community Moderator edit]" — If a Spotify support person can please reach out to me about this, I can provide more information and provide security questions to confirm my attachment to my account and get this resolved. Thank you!

2 Replies

Hmm, I believe what happened was your email has been deleted or disabled because of the fact its been used for things other than school, or just the fact that it's old and usually old emails can get deleted. I'm sorry this happened 😕

-Kayla Joy

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Since you mention that you no longer have access to the email address your Spotify account was registered with, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer in order to reset your password.

Let us know how things go! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you have any further questions. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts