Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logged out daily on different devices

Logged out daily on different devices

Hi, I'm having an annoying little issue in which Spotify logs me out of every device for it,  on a daily basis. 

I have a premium account, linked to my facebook, and use my facebook details to log in. 

I use the Spotify App on my Iphone 6s on my commute in the morning.  Then the desktop app on my work PC (Windows 7 Enterprise). Then the desktop app on my MacBook Pro late 2011 running iOS10 when I get home. 

No matter where I attempt to use it, on my first use of the day, Spotify will notify me that I have been logged out and need to log in. I dutifully click on Log in via Facebook, it gives me an Error Code 3, but then prompts a Facebook popup and logs me in anyway.  Besides a few annoying but known and unrelated bugs throughout the day, the app then works fine, until I switch devices and it prompts me to log in again. I haven't had any trouble logging in either, it's just irritating that I keep getting prompted to three times a day.

Are the repeated required log-ins a feature of Spotify, perhaps related to security, or is it a bug? If it is a feature, can I somehow turn off to prevent having to log back into the app three times a day? It seems ridiculously unnecessary when all other apps on my devices remember my details without an issue. "Remember me" is always checked when I log in, but seems to have no effect on any of my devies. Please advise.

1 Reply

Hey,

Because you're using it on multiple devices, you can only be logged in on one device at one time

Therefore, when you start using it on a laptop, it will log you put of your phone and so forth 

Hope this helps

Lauren

Suggested posts