Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in from Sri Lanka

Logging in from Sri Lanka

I've got a Spotify Premium account in Australia and will be in Sri Lanka for an extended period of time.

I know Spotify is not available in Sri Lanka, but will my Australian subscription work over there when used on a new device?

I will be using a desktop computer there - given it will be a new device with a Sri Lankan IP address, will the web player work on that computer with my account from here? Assume if the answer is yes, all my playlists, etc will be accessible?

Thanks,

Tanya

2 Replies

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for your question! From what I take it since you will be using a Sri Lankan IP address, I would take it as you will most likely not be able to use it there because of that reason, and that Spotify is not yet in Sri Lankan. I could be wrong; however, from what I take it as, it won't be accessible for you. I hope that I was able to help you a little bit.

Thank you,

Joshua

Hey there @PTSmith,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @JGoad16 has already written:

Since you have a Premium account you will be able to enjoy Spotify wherever you go. For full info on this you can check out this support page

However, if you permanently move to another country, you will need to update your payment method to one that's issued in your new country and while Spotify has not yet launched in Sri Lanka this won't be possible. You can learn more about this here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Happy and safe journey wishes 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts