Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in issues spotify

Logging in issues spotify

Hi all,

I have an issue with my Spotify premium account which I can't solve. I disconnected my account from facebook a year ago. Somehow, today, I am no longer able to connect via my username and password but I need to connect with Facebook.

Next to that: Spotify does no longer see me as a premium user and I lost all my playlists, etc.

What can I do? I don't want it connected with Facebook and want everything back to normal.

thanks

Bram

4 Replies

@118698249

If you connect through Fb, you're actually creating a duplicate account which doesn't have your premium privileges, music, playlists, etc.

Log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your swift reply!

I cannot log in using my e-mail as he does not accept the password. When I want to change my password he mentions that I should log in via Facebook. I have already disconnected Spotify from Facebook several times but it is not helping.

It is strange because on this community I still have my username (118698249)

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Bram

@118698249

Oh, I see. Having that username means you created your account using Facebook, and you can't just disconnect Facebook and keep using it.

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on Facebook anymore.

Once you've made it, fill out the contact form and someone from Spotify will help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the Facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts