RePlan free

Free/Premium

Country Usa

pixel 1

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Android

My Question or Issue

I can't log in to my old account any more it says when I try to log in it says my account isnt active 

So I tried to register her a new account and it said Im 'having' the same problem as I copied and pasted below email is already registered to an account'... so she then remembered she had set up a free Spotify account some time ago but hasn't used it in ages - of course, she couldn't remember the password for this account so I tried to get a password reminder but when I do it says 'The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account'

So it's associated to an account, but the account's not active - so I'm stuck now! (Why do you need to flag the account as not active anyway?)

I emailed your support team about this several weeks ago now and we've heard NOTHING back - that's pretty shoddy IMO... do you want our business?

Can anyone help? I really don't want to set up a new email address for her as she struggles to read the one she's got to be honest - she's not very tech savvy - and it's problems like this that put her off even using tech - next she'll be asking me to set up a record player for her instead!

So I tried to register her a new account and it said 'This email address is already registered to an account'... so she then remembered she had set up a free Spotify account some time ago but hasn't used it in ages - of course, she couldn't remember the password for this account so I tried to get a password reminder but when I do it says 'The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account'

So it's associated to an account, but the account's not active - so I'm stuck now! (Why do you need to flag the account as not active anyway?)

I emailed your support team about this several weeks ago now and we've heard NOTHING back - that's pretty shoddy IMO... do you want our business?

Can anyone help? I really don't want to set up a new email address for her as she struggles to read the one she's got to be honest - she's not very tech savvy - and it's problems like this that put her off even using tech - next she'll be asking me to set up a record player for her instead!

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

If you received an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Also make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case the email has landed there. The Spotify Support Team usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I replied back to the email I sent and it said
Unfortunately we're unable to read queries sent to this inbox. Not to
worry! If you need help with Spotify, please visit support.spotify.com for
further information.

Thanks for letting me know.

I’d recommend trying reaching out to Spotify one more time. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts