Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in to spotify reactivates my facebook account

Logging in to spotify reactivates my facebook account

I recently created a new Spotify account. An account that was not connected to Facebook or anything else, I created it independently as just a Spotify account. Someday later I decided to deactivate my Facebook account(which had never been connected to a Spotify account), and so I did. A day later when I tried to log in to the new Spotify account I got an email that my facebook account had been reactivated. Why would my Facebook account reactivate because I log in to my Spotify account? It makes absolutely no sense because they should in no way be related.

4 Replies

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago when logging in from a new device. It's bizzarre as I created this Spotify account 3 years after having deactivated facebook so it's not even possible I had them connected. The accounts do share the same email address, that's the only connection I can think of.

Yes, my Facebook and Spotify account share the same email as well. But if that is the case then that is really messed up. 

That is really unbelievable; this is exactly what happened to me as well. This looks like a serious violation of privacy: Spotify could definitely get sued for this.

Same thing happened to me.  Facebook accout was deactiveated over five years ago.  They only thing spotify shares with Facebook is an email address.  I believe this is a huge invasion of privacy and personally hope to see a class action lawsuit.

Suggested posts