Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging into Hulu with Facebook Login / Changing Email

Logging into Hulu with Facebook Login / Changing Email

Ok, so I've got a few problems here and they're really starting to bug. 

FIrst: How in the world do I log into Hulu if I signed up for Spotify with Facebook (Im signed up for the Student Hulu+Spotify, and when I try to activate hulu it says its already activiated)? Hulu wont recognize my facebook as having been paired with spotify.

This is what I tried to do, and how it leads into my second question:

I tracked down my 10 digit spotify username associated with my facebook account, but couldn't access the password. I tried to send and email password reset, but the corresponding email address was so old (hotmail) that even though I managed to get into it, Microsoft messed with the servers and it isn't receiving emails for some reason. So I thought, ok, whatever, I'll just update the email. To do so it took me to facebook, where I updated the contact email to my new gmail account. However, Spotify doesnt seem to recognize the change, so I can't send a password reset, so I can't log in to Hulu.

UPDATE: My old email is working again, as it gets emails from the spotify community telling my "good job you posted", so I KNOW Spotify has my email. Still wont send the password reset link.

What do I do? In answering, know this: priority one is getting into Hulu. If I don't update my email, oh well, I don't really care. But that seems to be the only way I can think of of getting into hulu.

9 Replies

Hey there, @Benyard! I'd love to help you! 

If you've signed up to Spotify using Facebook, you'll only be able to log into Spotify using Facebook because of the way that Facebook's OAuth protects user accounts. If you're interested in using an email/username & password instead of Facebook, you may want to create a new account > bring across anything you'd like to > cancel your Student Discount on the other account > resubscribe to the discount on the new account.

If you're going to create a new account, try connecting it to Hulu afterwards! If you're going to keep with your current account though, let me know and I'll see what I can suggest with Hulu 🙂

Cheers!

/T

Thank you for the response! Ideally, I'd like to keep my account, since it is awfully handy to log in with Facebook, so lets give that a go. Got any ideas?

I hear you, @Benyard! Let's get you and Hulu back together!

When you activated the Hulu part of the Student Discount, you should have been prompted to rather create a Hulu account or log into an existing account - do you remember this? 🙂

Let me know!

/T

Hm.. I do not, unfortunately. It's been a while since I first set it up since I've been using my roommates for a while. That said, I never had a hulu before, so I'd wager I had to set up a new one.

Gotcha, @Benyard!

Just to double-check, you've not used Hulu with the Spotify Student Discount before?

Let me know!

/T

Yes, I had it set up on my phone at one point. 

Any luck?

Hey there, @Benyard! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Since you've already connected your Spotify to Hulu, it'll stay connected to your Spotify account indefinatly. In terms of not being able to log into Hulu, I'm afraid I can't help with that. You might need to check out Hulu's Support article on trouble logging in over here.

Cheers!

/tr

Was this issue ever solved? If so, how?

Suggested posts