Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging into my account at work and appearing as a free account

Logging into my account at work and appearing as a free account

Hi,

So I upgraded to Premium account at home, with Spotify logged in to facebook but now when I log in to Spotify at work with the account I created initially at home I am showing as a free account. I can access facebook at work with no problem, but Spotify doesn't seem to be able to, when I go through Connect to Facebook it lets me enter my login details, does the whole "loading" business, then the window disappears, no errors appear but nothing happens and it doesn't appear to have connected.

It seems like my Spotify account isn't being linked with my Facebook account?

Cheers

3 Replies

Your Premium trial is all set up nicely on your account created via Facebook so it should be working okay.

If you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing after logging in with your Facebook details at work, that'd be really helpful. Also, what's showing in the top-right corner as your profile name when you login?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I think the problem was that when I first got spotify I created a account separate from my FB account and I expected that when I connected to facebook it would merge them rather than essentially have a FB account and a completely separate spotify non-FB account, so when I signed it with the original account it wasn't recognising it as same account (because it's not)

Ah, if you've ended up with two accounts you'll need to get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can to sort things out.

Love,

Spotify.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts