Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login Issue With Spotify Username Vs Facebook

Login Issue With Spotify Username Vs Facebook

Recently, I was getting the error code 4 of not being able to log into Spotify using my Spotify username and password.  Everything I tried kept sending me back to "Login With Facebook."  So, I did and then logged right back out and my Spotify username worked perfectly fine then.  Now, my Spotify username, profile, playlists and everything are completely gone and my Spotify application will only allow me to log in with Facebook which has nothing on it.  I need help please.

3 Replies

Hi!

Let's fix this! First, you should try to recover your old account by logging out of the new one. Now, go to the Password reset website and then enter the email adress you used to sign up on Spotify. You now should receive an email where you can create a new password for your old account. Try to login again and tell me if that was enough to fix it!

Have a great day!

Unfortunately, it says that with this email address, I'm using my Facebook credentials to log in, so I have to go there. I didn't use this certain email address when using the login for Facebook, that's something entirely different. I don't know what's going on.

Error code 4 normally refers to Spotify not being able to connect to the Internet. Are you sure you are using your correct information when logging in without your Facebook account? If you are 100% certain that your new account with Facebook integration and your old account with all your playlists are the same, you might want to contact Spotify. You can do it on here, be sure to explain your situation and the Support team will reply at you as soon as possible 🙂

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts