Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login Linking Issue with PS4

Solved!

Login Linking Issue with PS4

I've had my Spotify account for months listening on my phone and laptop with no issues. My boyfriend bought a PS4 so I decided to create a Playstation account on it, and apon discovering PS4 has a spotify app downloaded it and linked my spotify account to it. For the first 3 times maybe I used it it worked fine. Now I can't get into it. When I open the PS4 app it acts like I'm not logged in, but when I go to log in it comes up with the linking page again and says my spotify account is already linked to Playstation account. 

I've read previous threads on here and on sony/playstaion forums and every suggested solution hasn't worked.  Here's a list of things I've tried:

- logging out on all devices and logging back in

- uninstalling the app on the PS4

- logging in with my spotify username and with my email

- logging in via my phone on the 'connect to a device' thing, which enabled me to use the PS4 as a speaker controlling it with my phone but I'm not actually logged in on the PS4 so it doesn't solve my problem

- Rebooted the PS4, resetting it,  removing all data on the PS4 and starting again (suggested by a forum, my boyfriend was angry by the way because he lost his game data)

- I've even created a new spotify account (deleting my other account because I read in forum that when you've created your account with facebook it doesn't work sometimes and someone else solved it by doing that) and logging in with the new one, which worked for awhile, I used it 2 or so times before it started doing this again.

I've spent hours trying to fix this, and it's driven me to the point of tears. I don't know what to do, so here I am asking for the help of the brillant spotify community. Please, I'm desperate and willing to try just about anything.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Pineapple_Lover!

It might be worth unlinking your Playstation and Spotify accounts and linking them again to see if that helps. I'd recommend you try this link from Playstation. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try removing access by Playstation to your Spotify account here.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Pineapple_Lover!

It might be worth unlinking your Playstation and Spotify accounts and linking them again to see if that helps. I'd recommend you try this link from Playstation. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try removing access by Playstation to your Spotify account here.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help. It's unacceptable for a paid service like Spotify premium not to have a dedicated customer service (where you can at least chat with a representative by chat or email).

I tried the steps you proposed but I still cannot connect with my PS4 nor by my Android app (as it doesn't show the PS4)

Also when I try to link through the ps "link accounts" menu, I write my username and psspasswbut nothing happens after that.

FYI the phone and the PS4 are in the same wifi.

Looking forward to any usefully replies,as I spent the whole evening trying to figure this out.

Hey there!

In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

I hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts