Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login Location

Solved!

Login Location

My Question or Issue

Hello, I was on my device, and I got a email that said, login location, and it said the login location was from Russia. I got a bit nervous because it made me wonder who was trying to get into my stuff from Russia. I got a email and it said to change your password, or log out of all accounts, and review your accounts. So, I logged out of all my accounts. I did not change my password. The login was not on my main Spotify account though, it was on another Spotify account that I had that does not have many things on it. 

Should I be concerned?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @RTK3931 and @PSG_Anarchy

If you see strange activity on your account or get email saying that someone logged in, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

While contacting Customer Support, keep in mind that it might take some time due to the current situation. 

If you get an automate response, make sure to reply to it and someone will get back to you as soon as possible and provide with further help. 

As @Mozer suggested, make sure to check out this article as well on how to protect your account

If you get any emails but you're not sure if they're from Spotify, you can forward them to the right team and they'll tell you if it's legitimate. 

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey, There!

Thanks for sharing it with the Spotify community!

I recommend you read these tips to keep your account secure. 

If it was not you logged in or you don't share your password with someone else, better you change your password. Here you find how to do it.

I hope you fell tranquilized. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. All the best! 😉

Same issue here except I changed my password when I got the same email yesterday then I got another email today saying they got in again! Lol is Russia out to get me and what does Russia want with my spotify account? Just in case I changed my FB password too bc to get into my spotify i have to log into FB. I told my dad and he thinks maybe the email was fake so I just wanna know if "no-reply@spotify.com" is your company email. I'll keep up to date if it happens again.
Marked as solution

Hello @RTK3931 and @PSG_Anarchy

If you see strange activity on your account or get email saying that someone logged in, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

While contacting Customer Support, keep in mind that it might take some time due to the current situation. 

If you get an automate response, make sure to reply to it and someone will get back to you as soon as possible and provide with further help. 

As @Mozer suggested, make sure to check out this article as well on how to protect your account

If you get any emails but you're not sure if they're from Spotify, you can forward them to the right team and they'll tell you if it's legitimate. 

I hope it helps! 

what if the email is being sent to my personal email that is neither set for Spotify or my fb account? how would you explain that? (also I got another email, this time saying its from the u.s. and yes sent to my personal email not the email linked to my Spotify account

Hi @PSG_Anarchy

Most likely, there's a Spotify account associated with that email address. 

You can close it if you want with these steps

You can also check if you have any other accounts

Enjoy your day! 

I don't really see how this helps because the reset password email nor the "your account got hacked" email tells me what account has been hacked or if I'm reseting the password to the ONLY Spotify account I know I have. Really wish I had a number to call because this message stuff is really gonna make me blow. No disrespect, I know you're trying your best but this type of communication isn't the best (personally).

Hi @PSG_Anarchy

If you're still having issues, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support so they can take a closer look at your account and take further steps to secure it.

You can find the contact form in the first link in the post accepted as solution. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Suggested posts