Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login failed

Solved!

Login failed

when I go to login with my username and password, I get the following error:

Login Failed: You've already created an account with this email address

a few details: I am doign this on an iphone6, have already tried turning off the phone and reinstalling the app and none of it works. I know the username and pw work because they work on the website...in fact I changed the pw to this because I was prompted by spotify to change it on the website. and I am using the log in section, not the create user section which you would think I would get that error on that create user section. Any help here is much appreciated. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@brett9

It's weird that it shows an 'email address' error when using a username to login.

Log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login. Is it the same you're using?

Logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, and not your email address, to login back to your account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@brett9

It's weird that it shows an 'email address' error when using a username to login.

Log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login. Is it the same you're using?

Logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, and not your email address, to login back to your account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help @osornios

Suggested posts