Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login issue - update location

Login issue - update location

Hello,

Free user here.

I am having an issue login-in at work from 1st of January. HQ is in London, but Spotify thinks I am in USA and made me update location in the profile to be able to login. 

I am guessing this is because we are entirely on Azure and business is tunnelled via several MS data centres in the states. Is there a fix for this? I don't want to be restricted to EU/UK content, just because desktop app doesn't like where my IP is based. I appreciate that premium would solve this, but I have been a paying user in the past, I am not interested in upgrading again.

Interestingly - Apple Music works fine.

2 Replies

Hey @SneakyRussian,

Thanks for reaching out.

You'll need a Premium subscription if you'd like to use your account "abroad" regularly.

Alternatively, you could create a second account. One for when you're at work and one for when you're not.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, 

Don't listen to the advice from the other commenter. I've been traveling for 4+ months now to different countries and have been using my free account. They just make you update your location. However- there's definitely a bug because it's always a pain to update it and it never gives you the correct location.

SOLUTION- the only way I've gotten it to update my location is by using Samsung's mobile browser (which I never use). I also tried Safari on my MacBook (which I also rarely use) but that didn't work. Try clearing your cashe perhaps? Or use some browser that you never use. Good luck! I hope they fix it soon- but since we're free users I doubt they will 🙂

Suggested posts