NEXT STEP

Login issue with Facebook account

Login issue with Facebook account

Plan

Free

Country

Canada, but currently in South Korea

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Android and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So this issue happened a few days ago, like usual I was trying to listen to music on Spotify but for some reason, I was logged out from my account. I didn't take this as a big issue, so I tried to log in to my facebook account and a message "Something went wrong" had popped out. I tried to fix the problem by deleting the app and redownloading it again. But, the same message was showing up. So for more specific infromation, I tried to log in to the Spotify app on my computer and it says "Your country does not match the one set in your profile..." As the solution provided, I tried to fix my current country and it won't let me do it 😞 

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed 

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts