Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login only via e-mail-address not via login-name

Login only via e-mail-address not via login-name

I cannot login at spotify using my login-name but only by using my e-mail-address.

Furthermore my account seems to be invisible to others, at least it cannot be found using my account-name.

When I look at the name-entry in my profile, there can be found only a cryptic content, which is not the acoount-name which I can see, when I open the spotify-app.

Is this a software-bug?

Or is there anything I can do to change this behaviour?

Or do I have to close my account again?

7 Replies

Hey, @gr27 -

The random username(cryptic content) is just a way to keep in track of user data on Spotify, so you won't have to worry that much about it 🙂

Unfortunately, somehow Spotify does not recognize your real username but only the random username you get; So you will have to login using your email address instead of your username.

However, your real username should be visible to others and could be found by searching your username; I suggest connecting Facebook with Spotify, so you can use your Facebook username on Spotify too.

Here are the instructions: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/using-spotify-with-facebook/

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Unfortunately my username is not visable to others.

I was invited via a family-account and wantet to share a play-list with the rest of the family but they can't find it searching via my acoount-name.

Should I try to create a new account?

Hey, @gr27 -

That's strange! You should be able to search/find your profile in Spotify.

I have a few questions for you:

1. On what platform do you experience the issue? Does this happen on all devices?
  2. Can you try out a clean reinstall through here?

Tell me if it works 🙂

This happens on several platforms at least android and ios. There is no family-member who is able to find my playlists when they search via my account-name.

My spotify-installation should not be the problem since the problem is the account.

Hey, @gr27 -

Sorry for the late reply; the issue is now reported to the right team, I'll be updating this thread soon as the issue is fixed.

If you have any other questions, please reply 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Hey, @gr27 -

Sorry for the late reply;

Newly created accounts take a while to show on the search, but you'll be able to search for your profile by just using your username soon or later.

In the meantime, you can share your profile to others by the following steps here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/find-and-share-your-profile/

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts