Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login problem

Solved!

Login problem

Hi

I having problem to login. When I login, I come to the Facebook pop up to choose if I want to share my songs on Facebook. I can only press the red cross in the left corner and then spotify logs me out.

Thanks

71 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi I have a spotify premium account which I have used successfully on my Laptop and android phone. When this was stolen, I was also able to successfully use Spotify on my symbian replacement.

However when this broke 2 weeks ago, I got another Symbian replacement (a Nokia X6). I downloaded Spotify for this and tried to log in using the 9 digit user login code and password. Howeveer after attempting to load several times this just bounces back to the original log in screen. On occasions the terms and conditions screen appears and at these times I have clicked I accept. However the log in screen simply appears again. I have reset the password and tried reinstalling the app. However am now becoming frustrated that a service which I pay for is no longer accessible for me on the move.

would love an help or support hthat anyone could offer with this.

Thanks Flick

Hi Flick_84 - It sounds like you've got too many devices registered to your Premium account. You can currently only have 3 offline devices on each account. 

What we can do is remove those devices so you can start over with your new Symbian. However, this will mean you need to resync those offline playlists again. How does that sound?

Upon launch app told me password was incorrect, I have not changed it recently. I attempt to log in with valid (as of yesterday) password, same issue. I reset password, still will not let me in with valid password. Very frustrated to deal with this in a seemingly endless circle.

Is this a know issue? If so would be nice to automatically get an mass email heads up. If not, what's happening here?

I'm having the same problem.  I tried to logon and was told I was in offline mode.  I tried to logoff and back on again, and was told my password was incorrect.  So I reset it.  Still told password was incorrect.  Tried to reset password again to a different PW, still can't logon -- password is incorrect per Spotify.

What do I do now?  I have a premium account, FWIW.

Geez...not sure if need to start another thread or just tack on here...

Tried to login to laptop Spotify (Windows7x64) version 0.8.4.107.g4fa0003f.  Did not accept my password, so pursued reset.  That seemed to work and can log into my account on the Spotify website with new pw.  No such luck with the application.  Get "Login failed - username/pw not correct". 

As credentials are active and working on site, I've reinstalled the application couple times still with no success.  Please advise.

Thanks, MDEFILIP

Operator error, doh. I didn't think I had linked my Facebook account, but I must have, because it was able to log on that way. Apologies for raising the alert needlessly.

i cannot log in on the app on my ipad and mac but can do so on the website. why can't i log in? help please!

Hi Meridith,

If it will work, that wouid be great, go ahead

Thanks Flick

It looks like there's a couple of you having this problem and we're afraid that we can't help all of you in this one thread.

So get in touch with us via our contact form if you need this looked into further. We'll get back to you as soon as we're able.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi!!

I loged out from Spotify by accident. Reset my password before I logged in again (had forgotten the old one). When I click the Spotify icon to se my playlists a box comes up asking me for username and password. I fill it in, then an error comes up saying it is the wrong password, but it is not.

I am loged in now obviously, but can not reach my playlists..

Hi magabaga - It looks like you had created a duplicate account. That's now been deleted though so it should be smooth sailing.

Are you signing in with your 'magabaga' username? Don't try with your email address. You should then find all your playlsits waiting on you.

Hi

Having problem login in to Spotify. I can login to the website but not to Spotify and I believe the problem is two accounts on the same email. I know this because when I try to edit my profile it says that it's already a account on this email.

@xdisturbedmindx wrote:

Hi

Having problem login in to Spotify. I can login to the website but not to Spotify and I believe the problem is two accounts on the same email. I know this because when I try to edit my profile it says that it's already a account on this email.

I've removed the newly created account for you. Try logging in again.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi

Now it works just fine thanks.

hi,I have just joined up to an unlimited service but I cant actually get on to the page after I have signed in because a facebook pop up is in the way, and when I close it, it logs me out! Please help!

Hi Lilly525 - Can you give me a bit more detail about this pop-up? What exactly is the message?

I have the same problem? will you help me too?

Hi frommm666- I'm afraid I'll need a bit more detail about what's going on here. 

What pop up are you getting? Any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, please try clicking on a music track within the Facebook website. This should launch the app with your account automatically logged in. 

Hi.

I only get this message when i try to log on my iPhone. Couldn't connect with facebook account. Whats going on??

I have the same problem as a lot of other people here. When I try to change my account settings it doesn't work, because Spotify claims my email is already used by another account?

And while I'm at it, the original reason I wanted to change my settings is I keep getting emails every time a friend adds new tracks to a playlist, and the de-notification link in the email doesn't work. Will switching "A playlist I subscribe to is updated" from Immediately to Never solve this?

Cheers.

Suggested posts