Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login problem

Solved!

Login problem

Hi

I having problem to login. When I login, I come to the Facebook pop up to choose if I want to share my songs on Facebook. I can only press the red cross in the left corner and then spotify logs me out.

Thanks

71 Replies

I'm having the same problem. And it's driving me absolutly nuts not being able to listen to spotify at work. It keeps getting me the error "Sorry, but we couldn't connect your Spotify account with Facebook"
Even thought I'm logging in through FB.. is it possible to fix this?

Same problem cant login from my PC

I have the same problem, would you mind solve this for me too?

I have the same problem, would you mind solving this for me too?

I have the duplicate ccount porblem. Somehow made a second account with my facebook id and my premium account is no longer connected. I can't figure out how to fix it.I read the guide and do not understand what this means

"However, your Facebook account will still be connected to the new Spotify account. To break this connection, connect to Facebook from within the desktop application. You can do this in Preferences > Social Network"

When I go to prefrences there are no links to social networks. I can choose settings on sharing but can't un-link the account from facebook. The faq page for this issue says to go to the manage subscriptions page and delete the nsubstription for the second account. I cant find a single place that does this. Please help

Hey guys,

If you've tried the steps I posted earlier to link your Facebook back to your original account and it didn't work then this may be because your duplicate account was on a 48hour free trial. So you could wait for this to expire and then try again.

Or we may be able to terminate it for you early,though we'd have to do this on a case-by-case basis. Let me know if you'd like help for your account specifically and I'll do my best
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have the same problem. I reset my password twice but it didnยดt work.

Thanx

already working. thank you

I am also having this problem. I cannot get past the Facebook sharing suggestion box. I have been a user since the beginning of US launch. Is it possible I have a duplicate account or something in the nature? Thanks!

Hey MonsterWalkTheE, you don't have a duplicate account in this case. I could try disconnecting your account to Facebook and then you could sign in and connect again? Want to give that a go?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

No thank you... it started working magically last night. Thanks anyways!

Having the same issue as the OP... please advise

hello

i have not been able to login to spotify for awhile now. i used the same username and password as my facebook account and even changed my password on facebook to try to remedy this. please help. maybe i need something reset? i miss spotify.

yosh712 & lily- I can confirm that both of your accounts are fine on our end. 

Have you tried testing your FB email/ password on the Spotify website? Can you log in successfully?

If so, please try resintalling the application. If you're still having trouble please get back to me with your operating system/ Spotify version so I can investigate some more--thanks!

i have the same problem.

Also you say click on solution. all there is are more lonely cries for help. where/what is the solution (no way to select logging on via facebook OR spotify)

FB email/ password on the Spotify website doesn't work. still cant log in (trying to load a playlist i heard about via email).

Hi perrBro - As you joined via Facebook, the only way to log in is via your Facebook email/ password. 

I can confirm your account is fine on our end. Please try temporarily changing your FB password to something short and simple. Then head over to the Spotify application and give that another try.

If you still can't sign in, please let us know what error messages or codes you receive. 

Hi there,

just went to New Zealand for study abroad and wasnยดt able to use spotify online anymore.

So, I reinstalled it and now Iยดm not able to login anymore...

Hi Tschulte88 - As you joined via Facebook, you'll need to log in with your Facebook email and password. 

Currently your account country is set to New Zealand so logging in from NZ shouldn't be a problem. 

However, I can also see that your last Premium payment wasn't able to go through successfully. If you'd like to stay on Premium you'll need to update your PayPal account info and subscribe again. 

Same problem here!
Mod, can you check me up please?

Suggested posts