Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login problem

Solved!

Login problem

Hi

I having problem to login. When I login, I come to the Facebook pop up to choose if I want to share my songs on Facebook. I can only press the red cross in the left corner and then spotify logs me out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No thank you... it started working magically last night. Thanks anyways!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi I have a spotify premium account which I have used successfully on my Laptop and android phone. When this was stolen, I was also able to successfully use Spotify on my symbian replacement.

However when this broke 2 weeks ago, I got another Symbian replacement (a Nokia X6). I downloaded Spotify for this and tried to log in using the 9 digit user login code and password. Howeveer after attempting to load several times this just bounces back to the original log in screen. On occasions the terms and conditions screen appears and at these times I have clicked I accept. However the log in screen simply appears again. I have reset the password and tried reinstalling the app. However am now becoming frustrated that a service which I pay for is no longer accessible for me on the move.

would love an help or support hthat anyone could offer with this.

Thanks Flick

View solution in original post

71 Replies

Hey Lippi, welcome to the Community.

It sounds like there might be a problem with the Facebook connection. Would you like me to try connecting you so you can try connecting again?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

That would be great Richard

Thx for your quick reply!

Ok, done! Try connecting again now.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi there, I'm actually having the same exact problem and now Spotify has restarted and logged me in as a new user when in fact I have a running premium membership. Could someone please help me out? Cheers.

Working! Big thx!

Lippi - you're welcome.

iar9 - it looks like you had a duplicate Facebook account, so I've deleted this for you.

I dont know what happened, i logged in with my facebook and It asked me if i should login with some weird number or create a new account. I had 1 year spotify which i got for christmas. I pressed create new and now i have lost premium and my playlists!

f0und, it looks like a duplicate account was created for you when you pressed the create new account button. So I've deleted this now, which should mean you're able to log into your original account and get your playlists, etc. back.

It has happened to me as well. And all my playlists are gone. Can i get them back?

The duplicate account issue is slightly different to the original problem this thread was on so to avoid cluttering it up I'd recommend checking out these instructions for sorting out duplicates: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

I having problem to login. When I login, I come to the Facebook pop up to choose if I want to share my songs on Facebook. I can only press the red cross in the left corner and then spotify logs me out.

Hey pablopp, welcome to the Community.

You've got a duplicate account here it seems. So please try the steps I posted in the linked thread above (let me know if you need help though).

Spotifiy suddenly logged me out and requests that I log in again. When I do, I receive an error message stating that they could not connect my spotify account with facebook, but will not allow me to proceed and log in another way. 

nm, I just got it to work. It was having me log in twice and I made sure both usernames matched. There seems to be some glitch though that it was making me log in, and then asking me to log in again to proceed.

Hi, I'm experiencingsimilar problems.

Spotify has logged me out on all my devices. When I Try to reconnect using my facebook account, spotify asks me whether I'm a new user or not, which is not the case. Then it asks for my spotify account (ie. the one I used before Facebook connect), and when I try to connect it says that spotify is unable to connect my account to facebook, and then logs me off again.

Problem is the same on my computer and ipod, allthought everything worked fine yesterday.

Hey y_ ! Your case is a bit different so I'd recommend sending us a message through our contact form. You'll find this under About Us at the top of the page.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I got my account when spotify first came to the states, so I have my original spotify account and when you guys kind of merged with facebook I had my fb account linked to my spotify account. All of a sudden yesterday while I was listening it logged me out. When I logged in with my facebook credentials it acted as if I was a new user. It says login with your spotify account, when I did it said it couldn't link my fb account at this time. I thought it was a subscription problem so I made a new sub with my fb account thinking it would work but it didn't. So I kind of got jipped out of 5 dollars....... Now when I login with my spotify account (so I can access my old playlists) it doesn't let me link my fb account. In all honesty I've read a few people started a new sub thinking that was the problem so a lot of people got screwed out of money that didn't need too. What is causing this? 

Dynomite, I couldn't find the duplicate account for you.

Since you say you've paid twice now we obviously need to get this sorted out asap. Please just drop us a line through our contact form, which you'll find under About Us at the top of this page.

Suggested posts