Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login using Facebook credentials no longer works since I changed Facebook password.

Login using Facebook credentials no longer works since I changed Facebook password.

I recently changed my facebook password, and when I attempt Spotify login using facebook login info, it will not log me in.  It tells me "you will get an SMS shortly with a code to use for logging in."  How do I login using my current facebook login info, without changing my password again?  It works just fine when logging into facebook!

Thank You, Roxanna

7 Replies

Welcome to the Community roxannawilson!

It sounds as though you've got some extra security measures in place on Facebook. 

If you have requested to receive a security code as an extra Facebook log in approval step, it could prevent Spotify from storing your details.

To ensure those settings are turned off please head over to your Facebook profile. From there click on the down arrow next to 'Home' > 'Account Settings' > 'Security' > 'Login Approvals'. Let us know how that works for you. 

What you are saying is that we should disable Facebook's 2 factor authentication prior to loggining into the desktop app and then re-enable it after logging in?

@humaknlght wrote:

What you are saying is that we should disable Facebook's 2 factor authentication prior to loggining into the desktop app and then re-enable it after logging in?

It appears the Spotify system does have issues with 2 step authentication for some reason. 

You could try generating an app password from inside Facebook and then using that to log in. Go to Facebook > Account Settings > Security > App Passwords. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

App password in facebook doesn't work either. And I'm not disabling 2FA on Facebook.

I also tried the 'set device password' on spotify,  but whe I get the mail and click the link to generate the password I get an error saying 'oh no something went wrong'.

I've removed the 2FA, set and later removed an App Password for Spotify but nothing works to log in the Spotify Web Player using facebook. This is getting annoying.

And for posting this forum the facebook log in DOES work! Aaarrgggghhhhh

Suggested posts