Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebook not working

Solved!

Login with facebook not working

Unable to login to spotify desktop app (windows 7) with facebook login credentials.

217 Replies

All my music is gone!! I'm having the same problem and now it logged me but all my music is gone!

To anyone still having this problem:

I fixed it by going into my facebook.com settings and changing the preferences associated with Spotify (I disabled Spotify's ability to post).

Then when I try to login, the facebook login pops up asking me to let Spotify post to my facebook. I click ok and it works!

Unable to log in the desktop W7 version. Neither email nor facebook . Any resolution pse

Hey I was wondering if you're able to help me out.

Ive tried loging in to Spotify multiple times on my PC and each time it comes up with the same message:

'Service is temporarily unavaliable, please try again later'.

This has been the case now for several days and I have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify multiple times, tried turning my PC on and off but I've still got the same problem. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Can't beleive this issue is still ongoing, unable to login this way for about 3 months. Had considered going premium as I was using it quite a lot, but when you can't even login that decision is made easy.

Exactly what I was thinking. Same issue. Tab opens on chrome/safari when click log in with facebook. tab closes and it does nothing. Reinstalled on my macbook, took off facebook and added again. Nothing works. Incredibly fistrating. All my music gone!

The Music tab is missing in my Facebook.

The problem that I am encountering is that an error window (see attached photo) appears whenever I click the "LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK" button on Spotify.

Thanks in advance!

error.png

I am having that same problem. Tried restarting computer and spotify multiple times and still having the error window pop up.

Same issue here. Just downloaded Spotify. Running Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer.

First time ever I am having an issue with signing in with Facebook. Well, looks like my chances of getting this solved are slim, considering the long thread  😞

Actually, this solved it for me:

The "sign in with FB" button doesn't work, but you can simply enter your Facebook username and password instead in the standard sign-in fields.

Guess what didn't solve my problem....this post

I FIXED IT!!!! I found the issue. I have been fiting forever to get this to work. 

I kind of fixed it....

It all lies with a setting in my Chrome. I suuspect it was the ad blocker add-on which I do not have installed on other web brousers. However I do not have any issues on any other computer but this one. And all my chrome settings are the same on other computers. I will have to check the default web brouser settings on those computers. 

By changing my default web brouser to E or firefox, both allowed the desktop app to open a brouser to log into Facebook. 

Windows 10. just using spotify through chrome and it won't log in with my facebook.  Tried sending a new password to my gmail account and it told me that gmail account/username already in use.

no error messages, but when I click to log in with facebook it just sits there.  There is no "music" tab in my facebook page, and the app listing shows that spotify has access to my profile with nothing about passwords.

Right on!

My problem was Ghostery, the plugin I have installed on Chrome.

I simply enabled "Facebook Connect" and the button started working.

Thanks!

For those of you who may encounter issues with logging in with facebook on the Mac app, try adding the following line to your /etc/hosts file:

127.0.0.1 login.spotilocal.com

This solved the problem for me.

This did not work for me.

I had a problem with that I found  solution to.

I use google Chrome with Adblock Plus along with the FaceBook log in button. I had to go into the settings of my Adblock plugin, add the webplayer domain to the whitelist.

Restarting Chrome after this worked for me. The Facebook button worked fine.

If you are also using AVAST, and have the Chrome plugin, you might have to allow Facebook to track on the Web player page. I did this just in case.

Yeh- I think Chrome can be a little difficult. This is an impractical fix but it may work for some. Nice

This is the most effective fix. I feel that Chrome is stopping spotify from logging in. Its probably a security reason that is reasonably valid.

Thank you so much! Chrome was the problem blocking the link from opening to the facebook login page. It worked, thanks!

Suggested posts