Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebook not working

Solved!

Login with facebook not working

Unable to login to spotify desktop app (windows 7) with facebook login credentials.

217 Replies

Same thing happening to me, I've tried everything I can think of.

Spotify has the worst customer service. Great music but Lord help us if something goes wrong. I don't know what to do...

It doesn't work..

@WRX_1989 wrote:

Unable to login to spotify desktop app (windows 7) with facebook login credentials.

(Spotify not spring*)
I can't login to my spring account on my TV. I use the same email/password. My Spotify account works on phone but not through my TV. 

I was setting up Google Home using the iPad app. I wanted to connect my premium Spotify account and have to log in using Facebook. I kept selecting the blue "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" button, and the "browser" would say "Loading" in the upper left corner, but nothing would result and it would just reload. SO FRUSTRATING.

I finally downloaded the Google Home app on my iPhone and logged into it using my Google account, and went to the MUSIC settings again through the Google Home iPhone app. When I tried to link the Spotify account there using the "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" button, I actually got a step further and was able to see the Facebook login screen to allow Spotify to access my account.

However, it would redirect me back to the "MUSIC" settings on the Google Home again, and I would get an error message on the bottom that said, "Something went wrong." SO FRUSTRATING AGAIN.

Finally, on the Google Home "MUSIC" settings, I changed the default music account from "No default" up to Google Play Music, and then tried to log in again doing the whole process over.

LOW AND BEHOLD! It worked. Now Spotify is linked, and listed under the "Your music services" list under the Google Home "MUSIC" settings.

I do not have a "music" section under my apps on facebook....idk why. Is there any other way I can fix this problem? 

Riverrandie: the "MUSIC" section I was referring to is under your Google Home app settings (see attached images)

IMG_9913.PNG
IMG_9912.PNG

To spotify, 

I have been a part of spotify for awhile now,  but at the beginning of this year my spotify account started to not fully start, so i could use it. So i decided to cut of the account and start again. But for some reason, I can not pay for the new account. If you could help me it would be much appreciated. Thanks 

I unfortunately don't own a Google Home. 

Hi can u help me i cant link my spotify to my Facebook accout it showing a message that the facebook account im trying to link has already other spotify account.

Can I continue to use Spotify with out Facebook? I’ve got a lot of playlists that took time to build and it would be a shame to lose them and start over. 

How can i change the login on my Spotify account so it doesn’t need Facebook?

See solution at http://bit.ly/2m1j1nA

Basically, can't change it. You must create a new Spotify account and email their customer service to ask to have your playlists moved over.

My Facebook account was sent to my Icloud, how I don’t know. Facebook kept asking me to login under my old yahoo email. Which I don’t have anymore. I can go to my Facebook account from google but not from the icon. Even today it still not fixed. I think someone had to mess with my account. Now I am not sure?

I had issues login in via Facebook on macOS. The Facebook login button would only open an empty Chrome browser window. I figured that i can work around this by setting Safari as my default browser temporarily.

Hey! 

My Spotify Facebook Login hasnt been working for a month now on my Desktop PC. On my tablet and smartphone it works just fine.

But on my PC nothing happens when I push Facebook Login. I have already checked all firewalls, reinstalled and updatet Spotify und tried the thing with facebook password generation. When I let Facebook generate a password and I try to login with it in the spotify app nothing happens and spotify freezes.

I use spotify premium but if this **bleep** keeps not working I'll cancel it and switch to amazon... 😕

Thanks for your help!:) 

I try to loggin but with facebook but I receive the mesage that i cannot loggin because Spotify “can only be used 14 days abroad”... Well, i am no longer “abroad” I am at Malaysia where I live and my account is registered and i cant have access to my account. Please provide a solution to this.

My log in won't work it says my account offline.

I had to factory reset my android phone, now it won't let me log on with fb or just to my account, which I can do on my computer.  

It wants to log me on with a really old email address, which was gone long before I had this phone ...

Driving me insane!

When I opened an account with Spotify it linked my email to someone elses facebook account, or possibly the other way around, the app, the website, your password resent now doesn't recognise my facebook account. Links to help, support or password reset, all ask me to login....I CAN'T!!!!

I'm then charged £10, month after month, after month, after month! Because my device is apparently online!

IT MOST CERTAINLY ISN'T!!!!!

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'VE BEEN PAYING FOR SOMEONE ELSES SPOTIFY......for what now feels like years!!!!?

Suggested posts