Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking to start a premium subscription while overseas (Spain) but want to pay in home currency (AU)

Looking to start a premium subscription while overseas (Spain) but want to pay in home currency (AU)

Hi there, 

I am an Australian currently on holiday in Europe and I'm looking to start a premium subscription. I would preferably like to link my subscription to my Australian debit card. However, when I go to update my account it understandably only gives the option to pay in Euro's. Is there anyway to bypass this or will I just have to subscribe using my travel card and shift it over to my Australian card once I return to Australia?

Regards, Hugh.

1 Reply

Hey @hoshanahan! Thanks for writing.

Keep in mind that, in order to purchase a Premium subscription, the country your account is registered in and the payment method's issuing country must be the same. Additionally, Spotify also takes into account your current geographical location.

In this case, if you want to go Premium while in Spain, you'll need to change your country settings, register a Spanish payment method, and complete the transaction in the local currency (EUR). If this seems like a suitable option for you, feel free to start by updating the registered country in your account here. Remember that you can go Premium from this link.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Suggested posts