Free

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, It's about my friend account. We don't know what happend.

She login trought facebook for a long time and created her own playlists. A week ago I asked her what happend to her account because I noticed that a creator of her playlists has changed to just a unique string like: 21qhkho6fuwf7nmwrgkhddlma and her name just disappeared.

She turn on a Spotify to check it and she was logged off so she quickly login throught facebook as always and she loggged on totally new account without her playlists.

How she can recover her account or rights to those playlists?

I attached a pic so you can see 🙂

wtf.png
2 Replies

Hey @Faxu, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend getting her to checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures she can take to protect her account, such as resetting her password every few months, and not using passwords she has used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting her account.

If she sees an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Faxu,

Thanks posting here in the Community! Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @Billy-J suggested.

It's also possible that your friend logged in to the wrong account by accident. It's also worthwhile that she goes through the steps in this guide and looks for other accounts accounts that she might have created. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts