Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all my music. Help please!

Lost all my music. Help please!

I've had a free Spotify account on my PC for years and have stacked up loads of super music.  In trying to access my account from my phone I've somehow lost my ability to access my original account on my PC!

Is there a way I can find my music?  On my PC, I just cliked the Spotify icon and bingo!  I didn't put in login details (or maybe the PC remembered these?)

I'm devastated and will just abandon Spotify if I can find my ols music collection!

Can I get to speak to a Spotify helpline person?

5 Replies

Hey @NooMooZik1,

It sounds like you've got a second account with Spotify. Are there any other email addresses you could have used to register with Spotify? It's worth checking those inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails -- that will mean your extra account is registered with that email.

• If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually.
  • If you use your Facebook details try entering your Spotify username (if you created one originally).
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering just your email address.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Maxim and many thanks for your reply. There seems to be hope, which is good!

Some things I recall and some things that I have tried:

• For years I've just clicked the Spotify icon on my PC and it loaded up.
  • I started using Spotify some years ago and have a little card reminder of a username (all in numbers) and what I've written down as a "login name".
  • I have two email accounts and they both have spotify messages in there. Both give me messages telling me how to change my password.  I did this and the new details I put in took me to a new virgin account with no saved music (hence panic!)
  • I also appear to have changed my username in my scrabble to find my old account.
  • I've just had a reply from the Spotify support team who say I should select a Login Throgh Facebook route.  When I do this, I just get to my Facebook account and I can't see a link to Spotify.  It's not my usual route into Spotify.
  • I've attchaed a screen shot of an error message that I'm getting.

Any further help would be appreciated!

17-01-19 aidan spotify screen pic02.gif

Hmm, okay. I suggest that you reply back to the message from Spotify Support so they can help you further.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Maxim,

Thanks for your reply and help, it is appreciated.  I'll come back to the community if things don't work out with the Spotify support. I'm sure they will as they now seem to be on the case.  My biggest fear is losing my huge music collection!

Yes, I had created a second account and this was confusing things!  The Spotify customer support team were great and have moved me to one account, which I can log into.  It had all my music so things eneded well!

Suggested posts