Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost block feature after Premium upgrade

Lost block feature after Premium upgrade

I've been using Spotify on Android for a couple of months and recently became a paid member of a family account.

While I had a free account I could block a song or an artist. While playing a song, at the left of the play/pause button I had a "heart" to like a song and at the right I had a circle with a dash in it (block). Blocked songs or artists weren't played anymore even if they were in a playlist.

Now that I became a paid member, I lost the blocking button. I still can "like" a song (now a "+" sign that becomes a check mark when selected). I know I can skip as much as I want, but that feature was awesome. After a search about it I see that this feature shouldnt even exist apparently. Anyone know something about this?!?

Thanks

2 Replies

Hi @y74h44h4n and welcome to the Community + Premium! 🙂

This feature does exist, but can only be found in playlists like Discover Weekly and Your Daily Mix. It allows Spotify to tailor what it suggests for you to listen to.
If you are listening to radio, it's a similar concept with the thumbs up/down icons.

Any time you click/unclick the checkmark next to a song it gets added/removed in Your Library.
So as you continue to give feedback - or change what is saved to your personal library - these playlists will adapt to find songs that you do or probably will like.
I hope this helps explain some more and happy listening! 🙂

Yes that feature is still there in those specific playlist. But I was able to do it anywhere (any playlist, made by anybody). The blocked song or artist would show up in red when it was listed in a playlist or search results but would never play. 

Suggested posts