Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost my playlists

Lost my playlists

I have spotify Premium and i have it on my phone too. I have 6 playlists out of 15 on my laptop, and the rest on my phone so i know they are there. i can listen to them fine on my phone but i cannot edit them from my laptop so effiectivly i have lost them. I would like to get the playlist on my phone back onto my laptop where they started.

7 Replies

Hi Simondou,

I can see 11 playlists on your acount that all look okay, however 6 of them were created by other users.

Unless these playlists are collaborative you can't add any tracks or make edits to them.

How many playlists can you see on both your phone and desktop?

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

On my desktop i have 11, 6 made by me 5 by others. on my phone i have 37 and starred 15 mine and rest others including some that i have on my laptop from before some disappeared, 9 downloaded, 6 dowladed are mine 3 others. All playlists on my phone play so i know they still exist. but i cannot access them on my laptop to edit them.

Can you try logging out and back in again on your phone? If the moderator is not seeing them they must not be synced to the Spotify severs for some reason! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, I had HUNDREDS of playlists, and I now only have four. 3 of those are created by some guy I've never heard of, and one is called 'Songs' and supposedly created by me. What is going on?

EDIT: I just went into my account information page, and someone else's email address is now listed there. I'm going to change it back to mine, but I don't know if this means I was hacked or if someone's account was somehow mixed up with mine. A Spotify employee recently deleted a duplicate account so I wouldn't have issues anymore when logging in through Facebook, and I was assured there would be no issues, but it seems like this could possibly be related.

And, I've also posted this at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/All-my-playlists-are-gone/m-p/381540#U38.... Sorry for the double post...just realized that was really still on topic and this was better suited there.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It does sound like there is something going on with your account, especially if your email address has been changed. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I just downloaded Spotify again, haven't used it for a while but logged in with my old username and password. In the program all my old playlists are gone but when I right-click on the Spotify-icon, all my old playlist appear. When I then choose one of them I get the message "Other peoples playlists are not available in offline mode". What does that mean and how can I get my old playlists back? Thank you!

@violeta1 wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded Spotify again, haven't used it for a while but logged in with my old username and password. In the program all my old playlists are gone but when I right-click on the Spotify-icon, all my old playlist appear. When I then choose one of them I get the message "Other peoples playlists are not available in offline mode". What does that mean and how can I get my old playlists back? Thank you!

Hey 🙂 

On those playlists, are there any which you created? 

If so, when you hover your mouse over one that you created, you should see something like:

spotify:user:hammeh:playlist:0SFCOigdkZwri00KFknMQ6

In this case, this is one of my playlists, and hammeh is my username. 

Are you logging in with the username displayed on your playlists?

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts