Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost my premium account

Solved!

Lost my premium account

Help me Spotify!

I had a premium account and suddenly when I wanted to log in again with my facebook account, I got a new free one..

Now I can't access to my premium account but it still exists..

What can I do?

155 Replies

Has anyone had this same problem resolved?

@bobferr - Do you have a Spotify username style account or did you create your account using Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Username account

Just for the record. I had this problem and after contacting the spotify help service they found out that I had multiply accounts and that my premium account was inactive

It's uncommon for issues to crop up on username style accounts, the issues are normally caused by the Facebook integration.

Can you see previous receipts on your online account @bobferr ?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The only receipt I see shows a 0 for payment and today for an activation date. I have actually paid for a months premium and have been activated for a month. I think I have two accounts and the premium has been deactivated.

Does spotify actually reply to email help requests. I have had premium for over a month and my payment went out on the 28th of August....the last two days I have lost premium and am on the free version with the adds, playlist etc have all dissapeared and to say that I'm a bit peed off is an undersatatement.
My Spotify Case # 01764841: Other ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0hR4H3:ref

Bainsyboy. Hey!

Have you received any automated replies pointing to look help pages or forums? Just reply back.

If there's no reply, when you contacted Spotify over form? Sometimes answer time could be a little longer.

You can always send again question, so they will try to solve your problem.

I'm sorry for any frustration.

Hi, hpguru I got the normal reply

We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will 
get back to you as soon as possible. To ensure that our reply reaches your 
inbox, add support@spotify.com to your spam filter's whitelist.

I sent an email on the 28th asking if I coud stop using facebook to log in which the premium service was set up on as I wanted to deactivate my facebook account but have had no reply to that query as of yet and now my premium has stopped working 

Hey there.

Thanks for reply.

I will see if I can find right team for it, why this answered and nothing back in time.

Watch this space.

Hey. We've just looked into this and can see someone's helping out, please get back in touch with the team and they'll work this out for you.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

That's good to hear Robbie... We will all gold our breaths or speak to dodgy Dave at work to see if he knows of any dodgy sites where we can nick music from to stream to our wonderful devices 🙂

This has happened to me now, as part of moving to a new phone I suspect. I'm not aware i have more than one account and was ona  3 month trial (due to expire end of March 2015). How do I get my premium functionality back Spotfiy?

Thanks

Ali

This has happened to me now, as part of moving to a new phone I suspect. I'm not aware i have more than one account and was ona  3 month trial (due to expire end of March 2015). How do I get my premium functionality back Spotfiy?

Thanks

Ali

@AliHill2703 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Matt! I've emailed them now. Cheers, Ali

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've lost my premium account too. I've been using this account for 5 years, and I never used it on my phone or facebook. And now it's back to free account , and all my playlists are gone.

However when this problem happened two weeks ago, I could only login with my facebook details on my online account to try to figure this problem out. I've asked my login details through my email address, but they never reached my mail box. I've checked in junk, spam, commercial etc etc ...

Strangely I can still log in with my usual details on my desktop spotify, which now is the free account.

Apparently my account has switched to a free facebook account now, as my username is now a long 25 digit and letters. So I guess I have a duplicated account that only use my facebook.

I really don't understand what's going on, and to be honnest so far I've tried most of the solution I found on the community forum...

I've sent few emails through the contact form,and I only received automatic reply telling me what I already done.

Can soemone help me out on this one. It's been two weeks already ....

Same thing has happened to me this morning. All my playlists gone and premium removed

This has happened me twice..I can't access my premium account as I don't know my username or password...It had logged out itself so I logged in with Facebook. ..This is maybe why it's now showing Spotify free. I need help to resolve this issue. My case number is #03749026...many thanks.

Suggested posts