Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost playlists after resetting my password

Lost playlists after resetting my password

I've never used Spotify community before so I hope this is the right medium for my issue. If not, my apoligizes.

I've had Spotify for many years with basically two relatively large playlists. I'm a frequent user except over the holidays took a break from it. All the devices I ran Spotify on would automatically login however when trying to login recently I was prompted for a username and password. This was the case on all my devices I use Spotify on.  Since it had been so long since I actually logged on I forgot my password so I reset it.

Upon logging in I noticed my playlists were gone. Tried recovering lost playlists to no avail. The only odd thing I noticed when resetting my password was my account somehow seemed to pull down and was using my Facebook profile picture even though I don't use Facebook to log into Spotify. I should point out however that the email account used for Spotify and Facebook are the same but with different passwords.

Any thoughts or recommendations on how to get my playlists back? I've been considering going Premium but don't want to do so if I have to recreate my playlists as it took many hours to create them.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Dennis

3 Replies

Hey there @dlclaflin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we hope you don't mind that we've moved this thread to the right board 🙂

It sounds like you've got two accounts, one created with Facebook (the one not containing your playlists) and one you can access using a username/email address. 

To double-check this, we'd recommend following the steps in this support site article

Let us know how you get on 🙂 We'll be here if you need more help!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

As it turns out part of the problem was that I had two accounts but there was a twist.  The account that I thought I used for Spotify, when trying to reset the password said the account did not exist. Thinking I must have used a different email address I tried another that I use for things like this.  Turns out that I must have created a second account sometime in the past.  After contacting support I found out that my original account actually did exist but for some reason was disabled hense the original error when trying to reset the password.  Once support re-enabled my account I was able to reset my password and get my playlists back.

Hey @dlclaflin.

Glad to hear that the folks over at Customer Support were able to help you resolve this!

Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts