Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel 3XL

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I had a free account linked to FaceBook with a bunch of playlists. I also had a paid account with virtually no playlists. I connected my paid account to FB now all my playlists are gone. Help!

3 Replies

Hi @garrettpen,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

The playlists are probably saved on your free account.
Try logging in to your old account and share the playlists to your new account/user.
Alternatively, copy the playlists URL to a note, log out, log in to your new account, open the URL's and save the playlists.

If none of the above works, try looking at recovering the playlists through your account(s) page. Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create, so if you delete them, they’re easy to get back. Follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

If you're still experiencing problems with finding your playlist, contact Spotify directly through their contact form here:

Spotify Contact Form

Technical Issues -> Missing playlists -> "I still need help"

Hope it helps and that you'll get your playlists back!

/Robert

Thanks for the reply QualiAwe, when I log out and log back in using FB I get the same paid account with no playlists. I de-linked FB from my account logged out tried to log back in using FB and it says the account does not exist. There are no playlists available to choose under the recover playlists function.

I understand, have you tried login in with your old account details e.i. old username and password? Logging in with Facebook or E-mail might be difficult as it probably prioritizes logging into your newest paying account when you have two accounts connected to Facebook and/or your E-mail (?)

I would recommend sending a message to Spotify Customer SupportI'm sure their technicians will be able to dig up your old playlist and transfer them to your new account with ease.

Technical Issues -> Missing playlists -> "I still need help"

Hope this helps! If not, the community will be here, ready to answer any of your questions and hopefully solve your problem 🙂

All the best,
Robert

Suggested posts