Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics Are Not Showing

Lyrics Are Not Showing

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia (100% sure lyrics function is enabled in my country.)

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Hi, my account does not have the view lyrics option for the longest time. I read through the forum and these are the troubleshooting steps that I have conducted.

1) Logged out and logged in. No lyrics function.
2) Deleted the app and reinstalled the latest version of the app. No lyrics function.

I read through the forum and one of the solutions was to get someone whose Spotify app has the lyrics function enabled to login into your device that doesn't have the lyrics function enabled.

I got a user, who has lyrics function enabled, to login into the Spotify app on my device. I played a song, and the lyrics function was enabled.

I then logged out and logged in with my own account. I played the same song, and the lyrics function was enabled.

I quit and reopened the app. I played the same song, and the lyrics function was missing/disabled.

Please advise. 

46 Replies

Hey @jasonlioh, thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

This is one of the new features that Spotify is trying out. Spotify always tests possible improvements, so you might not see something your friends do. Spotify does appreciate your feedback and Iโ€™ll make sure your voice is heard.

I hope youโ€™ll find this useful. Donโ€™t hesitate to reach back out if you need anything else! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

Thanks for the reply.

However, when I am in the office, out of 5 people in the table, 4 of them have lyrics function enabled but not me, I think it's really disappointing.

Oficial press release stated that Malaysia is one of the selected countries to have the function enabled, but not me, I think it's really disappointing.

After having the lyrics function enabled briefly and then got taken away, I think it's really disappointing.

I don't think it's about a new feature being testing, because it is rolled out already. If it is being gradually rolled out to all the users in the country, then, perhaps, let us know when or an estimated timeline. It's coming to 3 months since its official announcement already.

Hey @jasonlioh,

I am sorry that you feel this way. One thing you could do if you want this feature is create a new account (no guarantees that this will work), and transfer your content from your old account to the new one if you see the lyrics on the new account. Based on your original post it also seems like you have Spotify Premium, which you could get in touch with Customer Support who can take a closer look into transferring the subscription to the new account.

No worries though Iโ€™ve also passed all of your feedback to the right folks.

I hope that can shed some light on things. If you need anything else, just ask. Iโ€™d be happy to help further!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have exactly the same problem but I have the family plan, all family members have lyrics (Android and iOS) but on my iPhone 11 Pro they do not appear. I also think it is not because is a new feature. I've been dealing with this problem for a long time, I hope they fix it soon.

Iโ€™ve tried logout and login with my wifeโ€™s account (that it works well). Logout her account and login my account again... and STILL NOT WORKING. 

even uninstalling the program (all clear).

How to fix it?

Hi there @Ricardonadal,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The lyrics feature is still in test phase, so some users may not see it on their account and some users may see it for a certain period of time.

Try logging out and back in twice and see if that makes a change. If not, you can try creating a new account with another email address and transfer you music collection over to that account following the steps from this Guide.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

NO LYRICS.png

hi lyrics are not showing in any of the song  on spotify i have tried everything from google n utube uninstalled  n reinstalled, cleared cache, updated app, offloaded and downloaded again i donno what to do can someone help me.

i use iphone 11 many of the iphone 11 users have same problem any suggestion?? 

Hi @deepshree,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As @Alex mentioned above, the Lyrics feature is still being tested - that's why it might not be available for 100% of users in the markets where this feature is available. 

At Spotify, weโ€™re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means some users might see something on the app that others don't, or get a new feature to try temporarily.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on the right folks. In the meantime, we suggest keeping the app updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

i have the same problem going on can you guys just give me the lyrics in my account or can my account just be the one who gets to โ€œtestโ€ these lyrics function i find it really unfair since weโ€™re all paying the same price but we donโ€™t get the same thing back in return . Iโ€™ve tried everything i could from re-installing cleared cache log in log out twice every solution i could find online i tried at all .When my friends log in to my phone using their. accounts the lyrics are there everythingโ€™s working fine and it gets really annoying . Can you just do seriously do something about it iโ€™ve paid for a few years now been trying for about more than a year and still the same . How long more will it take ? Why out of all people just the few of us are the ones who donโ€™t get the lyrics?Iโ€™m from Singapore .

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you create a new account and see if you get lyrics on it?

If you do, we suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi spotify,

when this "lyrics genius" feature will be available?

I wanted to migrate from Deezer because they has plain lyrics, while I'm using "Genius" site too often, but your "Genius" integration does not works for me so it looks like Deezer now winner in this

device: Samsung m51, Android 11

I've tried login/logout a few times - does not helped no any lyrics/genius for Pink Floy, The Beatles...

Hey @chyvak1831,

Thanks for your post.

The Lyrics feature on Spotify is still in testing, so not every account has access to it. Furthermore there aren't lyrics enabled for every song.

What you can try is create a new free account and check if the Lyrics are available there.

Hope this helps. We're always here if you have questions.

AlexModerator

it's normal that lyrics does not available for everysong - but it's missing for ANY song...(

I've created free account - no lyrics for The Beatles and Pink Floyd, I'm even selected premium - no lyrics.

For such world popular bands no lyrics. It's strange.

Spotify, you must definitely to add such feature (which should works of course) like it's in Deezer.

Genius of course kill feature, but for now you have no even lyrics...

Screenshot_20210527-145728_Deezer.jpg

Hey @chyvak1831,

Thanks for the reply.

I just noticed that you've posted that the country of your account is set to Ukraine. Lyrics are currently not available there as a whole. We don't have any official info when they're gonna be enabled in that market.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

Hi,

thanks for clarification about Ukraine.

Strangest thing to hear that lyrics depends on country... what the difference  in what country I'm listening to The Beatles?๐Ÿคฃ

I beleave that The Beatles lyrics the same around the world and even in cosmos๐Ÿ™‚

Hey @chyvak1831,

Thanks for the reply.

Some Spotify features are available only in certain countries, or are completely disabled in other due to licensing issues.

Spotify was released in Ukraine and other eastern European countries only last year, so some features like Lyrics are still not available there.

Let us know if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts