Premium (family member)

Country

Turkey

Device

(iPhone SE)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

My Question or Issues

I am a member of family premium on Spotify that's why my username includes random letters and numbers . I have a display name. However, when my friends searched for my Spotify profile didn't show up. How can I fix that? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @canidil

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The most efficient way to search for a profile on Spotify is by using the username, and not the display name. It's the username that is used to identify your profile and the same display name can be used by multiple users. Also, the search results are not going to display all of them and they're based on many different factors, depending on the user. 

More details on the display name and username can be found in this Support Article

If you'd like to share your profile with your friends, I'd recommend sending them your username or a link to your profile. 

To share the link: find your profile > click/tap the three dots icon_options_iphone.png > choose Share > now you can send them your link and they can follow you. 

You can also connect your Spotify account to Facebook and find your friends that way. 

I hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @canidil

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The most efficient way to search for a profile on Spotify is by using the username, and not the display name. It's the username that is used to identify your profile and the same display name can be used by multiple users. Also, the search results are not going to display all of them and they're based on many different factors, depending on the user. 

More details on the display name and username can be found in this Support Article

If you'd like to share your profile with your friends, I'd recommend sending them your username or a link to your profile. 

To share the link: find your profile > click/tap the three dots icon_options_iphone.png > choose Share > now you can send them your link and they can follow you. 

You can also connect your Spotify account to Facebook and find your friends that way. 

I hope that helps! 

Suggested posts