Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Made a new account and username changed

Solved!

Made a new account and username changed

I made a new account and the username turned into numbers and letters, why? I didn't took my facebook name or email. I made new email. annoying

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @graavilohi

thanks for posting !

Any new account created on Spotify gets generated with a "serial number" for security reasons.

However, while subscribing you had to choose a display name under "how do you want us to call you" which is going to be displayed to user who look for you.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @graavilohi

thanks for posting !

Any new account created on Spotify gets generated with a "serial number" for security reasons.

However, while subscribing you had to choose a display name under "how do you want us to call you" which is going to be displayed to user who look for you.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

So I can't do anything to change it?

Hi @graavilohi,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

To be clear - the username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. 

Just as an additional info - we'd like to say that the purpose of having display names and usernames, is that while usernames are unique, multiple users could have the same display name. So, you don't have to worry that the display name you'd like to use is already taken 🙂 

Also, another advantage is that your friends and followers will see only your display name. You're the only one who can see your username. 

To make sure if you have the display name (if your account is created through Spotify and not with Facebook), can you check your account page

If that's not the case, the only way to get the display name you'd like to have, is to create a new account

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts