Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Making a New Account Not Working

Solved!

Making a New Account Not Working

I just upgraded my account to the Family plan and I sent an invite to my husband. He decided to delete his old account (he hated the name) and make a fresh one. 

When he follows the link in the invitation email it says to sign up with Spotify. Well when he enters his email it says that it is already in use. When he goes back to login with his old account it says that there is no email associated. 

Getting pretty annoyed with this issue. 

edit: I see that there is a similar post to mine and there has been no truly helpful suggestions on that post made yesterday....hoping this gets a reply from an employee so I can get on with using Spotify. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ChloeDemeter,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

As a heads-up, it might take up to 30 days for an email address to be newly available and used to create a Spotify account if this email was previously associated with another account which was closed. 

To avoid waiting, your husband can also create his new Spotify account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ChloeDemeter,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

As a heads-up, it might take up to 30 days for an email address to be newly available and used to create a Spotify account if this email was previously associated with another account which was closed. 

To avoid waiting, your husband can also create his new Spotify account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts