Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many songs became unavailable after upgrading to unlimited

Solved!

Many songs became unavailable after upgrading to unlimited

Dear spotify community, 

I recently upgraded to spotify unlimited. As I did that, many of my songs, that I used to listen to, became unavailable in my country. The tracks were available before my subscription. 

Why is that?

I hope someone can help me, or give me an answer

// Simon Maansen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It might be a bug in the cache subsystem. Either the songs become unplayable recently and your cache had not mapped it but as you update your account type the index were remapped and the songs become unplayable. in that case your friend will loose the songs as soon his local cache expires.

Another possibility may be a bug in the subsystem that makes your account token invalidated during the upgrade and these songs unfortunally were lost from the copy on your accesspoint causing a confusion. they should nbe avaiöable soon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Was your free account registered in a different country before you purchased unlimited? 

If so, content does vary by country due to licensing, there is a little more information why here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It is, and has always been registered in denmark. 

Sounds like unfortunate timing. We don't have any content available to Free users that isn't available to paying users. Do you have access to a second (Free) account you can check that content on by any chance? Do you have any friends without subscriptions in the same country who are able to play those particular tracks?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

The tracks are available on my friends free account. When I try to play the song now, it just gives me the message "this track is not available"

Marked as solution

It might be a bug in the cache subsystem. Either the songs become unplayable recently and your cache had not mapped it but as you update your account type the index were remapped and the songs become unplayable. in that case your friend will loose the songs as soon his local cache expires.

Another possibility may be a bug in the subsystem that makes your account token invalidated during the upgrade and these songs unfortunally were lost from the copy on your accesspoint causing a confusion. they should nbe avaiöable soon

I tried re-logging and restarting spotify. Fixed the problem. Thanks for your help! I was surpriced by the good service. 🙂

Suggested posts