Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Membership and Subscription confusion

Membership and Subscription confusion

Hi I purchased a premium membership yesterday 1/24/17. I paid my yearly subscription in full. I upgraded to Family premium so I could include my wife an daughter this morning 1/25/17. Why is my subscription showing a renewal date of 9/24/17? That is 3 months short of 1 year. Am I going to be billed $14.99 per month in addition to my already paid for premium subscription or will I now be billed monthly for the additional $4.99 (upgrade to family?) Did I sign up for the upgrade incorrectly? If So What should I now do? Can I pay for the upgrade in full as I've done with my Premium subscription?

1 Reply

Hey there, welcome to the community!

That is a good question. Spotify Premium and Premium for Family are two different subscription options, with different billings. If you upgraded to Spotify Premium for yourself and paid for the year ahead, switching to Premium for Family would explain the difference in your next payment date, making it earlier than it should be if you were still on regular Premium. That is due to the difference in price between the two.

You can read more about it in this FAQ article page and the support article.

Lastly, it is possible to pay for Premium for Family yearly. Click "See More Offers" on the upgrade to Premium page (here) and it should show you the available possibilities in your country. However, keep in mind that doing so will add to the time you already have paid for.

Hope this was helpful!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts