Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung j7 2016

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

When playing spotify through android auto, if spotify is set to offline mode, the menu does not work. It gets stuck loading and just says "Getting your selection...". It's the same issue in this thread (with screenshots) https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Auto-Offline-Mode-can-t-view-menu-options/m-p/45127...

I was going to just add I experienced the same issue in there but it was too old and since there hasn't been a resolution I thought I would make a new thread.  I have noticed if I leave the menu loading for long enough, sometimes it will display the queue of the current playlist, but it should be displaying the spotify menu.

It makes spotify incredibly difficult to use in the car since you have to select a playlist before you plug in your phone, and you can't change it unless you unplug your phone and do it on the phone itself which defeats the purpose. I've tried reinstalling spotify, updating spotify and my phone, and I've even factory reset my phone (for an unrelated issue, but this issue persisted)

1 Reply

Its really irritating to stream from bluetooth because spotify  locks me in a single playlist.

Suggested posts