Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Merge accounts

Solved!

Merge accounts

Plan

Free (used to be Premium)

Country

Belgium

Device

PC / Lenovo P2

Operating System

Windows 10 / Android 7

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I know this is something the community can't help me with, I need some technical assistance from a Spotify employee, but the help section is such a mess to find a link to direct contact info  (except Twitter, which I don't use) so I hope that someone here can direct me or my case to the right people.

About 2 years ago, I created my Spotify account using the email address I had at work back then (I know by now, bad idea). Over time I linked that account to my Facebook, I started logging in through FB and I forgot that the account was linked to my work email.

Fast-forward to 1.5 year ago: I got fired from my job due to the company being acquired and my department firing a few people they couldn't use anymore, so I no longer have access to that email address. However, since I still logged in through my FB, I had no clue.

Fast-forward to today: I wanted to post another topic in the community (which can wait, I want my account access and security fixed first) and I realize that I can't activate my community profile because I can't access the activation email, which is sent to my old work email.

I tried to change my email address to my personal one, but apparently there is already another account linked to that email. I logged in using that email, but found only a profile with my basic information but no saved songs. I have no clue when I created that profile, I don't care, I never used it - it means nothing to me. The other account however, has hundreds of saved songs which I don't want to manually search for again.

The thing is now that I want to change my old work email to my current email, but I can't do that as long as the other account exists. I don't know if removing my account will make that email available again to link to my primary profile, or that it will go into "limbo" until I try to log in again.

I was hoping a Spotify employee could assist me with this by permanently removing my secondary account so I can change the email on my primary one, so I won't lose any of my saved songs or playlists. I'm just afraid to delete anything, I don't want to unlink my Facebook because then I can't access that account anymore etc.

Anyone able to help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend chaning the email of your lost account to a new one.

After that sign in to a a desktop client of Spotify. After you do that just drag and drop all the playlists you have to the desktop which will create a link to them. To do the same with the Songs folder just go into that folder from the left panel, hold CTRL+A for Windows or CMD+A for Mac then right click to any of the songs and click Add to Playlist. Now that those saved songs are on a playlist drag and drop it on desktop like you did with the other playlists. This will make sure that everything you have is backed up ๐Ÿ™‚

In the meantime you could go ahead and close the new account you had. The email will be released from it and you can use it on your main account.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend chaning the email of your lost account to a new one.

After that sign in to a a desktop client of Spotify. After you do that just drag and drop all the playlists you have to the desktop which will create a link to them. To do the same with the Songs folder just go into that folder from the left panel, hold CTRL+A for Windows or CMD+A for Mac then right click to any of the songs and click Add to Playlist. Now that those saved songs are on a playlist drag and drop it on desktop like you did with the other playlists. This will make sure that everything you have is backed up ๐Ÿ™‚

In the meantime you could go ahead and close the new account you had. The email will be released from it and you can use it on your main account.

Hope it helps!

Hi Loxer,

I didn't initially try to remove my old account in case it wouldn't allow another account to use that email, but now after your reply I did try it and it worked, so my problem has been solved. Thanks a lot, kudos to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately I can't mark it as accepted solution since I deleted the account which I used to post this thread... But let it be known that your post worked!

Really happy that you solved it! ๐ŸŽ‰

Don't worry about that, the Mods will take care of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Remember, if you need help with anything else I'll beโ€ฆ

https://open.spotify.com/track/7vqUr6K2Js9Paq4kdNSOm6

Suggested posts