NEXT STEP

Merged accounts

Solved!

Merged accounts

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S8, Acer Chromebook, desktop)

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I used my old email to register my first spotify account, which is now merged with my facebook account, which by it self is not a problem, but a few years after I registered I decided to make another account with my facebook, and so my new email was now connected to my new account. When the two accounts got merged my old email was still the one im registered to.

When I try to change the mail to my new one, it says that "This email is already in use." Is there any way to fix this? I'd prefer my account to be registered to only one email, or at least my old email to be deleted from spotify because its no longer in use.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jåkim, welcome to the community!

If you still have access to the Spotify account using the new email address, you can follow these steps to close the account.

Once the account is closed, you'll be able to update the email address on the other Spotify account you're using.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jåkim, welcome to the community!

If you still have access to the Spotify account using the new email address, you can follow these steps to close the account.

Once the account is closed, you'll be able to update the email address on the other Spotify account you're using.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I opened an account yesterday but I already have one. Means I will be getting billed for 2 accounts

Suggested posts