Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Messed up name

Messed up name

What's the meaning of the recent change to my name to some randomly generated gibberish? Playlist created by 222hyosnofwhy9uiofhson ???

I didn't make any changes, I wasn't asked to create a username, etc. I don't care whether other people can see this name or my real name, I don't want to see it myself. 

wtf.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @Spirea.

Thanks for coming over!

Is it possible that you signed up using your Facebook profile? Because if you create an account with your Facebook profile but then disconnect the two, your name will change into a randomized username. If you would like to choose your own username, head here and follow the instructions.

Hope that works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

I followed the steps and I don't see "disconnect from Facebook"

This means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect. However, I've had this account for quite a while and never had that problem, it's a recent change.

Hey there @Spirea,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details.

In this case, is it possible that you've adjusted the visibility of your information, like your Facebook name and profile photo from your Privacy settings? If that's the case, we'd recommend toggling on the option to share that info again in order to see your Facebook profile name instead of your display name once more.

You can read more info on what information you share with us here.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts