Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Military Discount for Premium subscription?

Military Discount for Premium subscription?

I currently receive the student discount for my premium subscription. I would like to buy my boyfriend a gift subscription as well. He is a U.S. Army veteran. Is there a military discount available for the premium subscriptions?

17 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately there is no military discount. There is already an idea at this community, so if you would like to see that, please give that idea an kudo to support it.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Forces-Discount/idi-p/510708

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the answer at this point of time is no. But a member of the community opened an idea to support that. For further information click on the link below and leave your support/comments/kudos over there if you agree with him.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Forces-Discount/idi-p/510708

Edit: Ahh, @MichaelW was a little faster than me 🙂

Be aware, you can't use any of the discount schemes in relation with gift or eCards anyways.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

nope. give this idea a kudos 

Unfortanately they do not offer a military discount. It would be a wonderful thing to do. I know a lot of my active duty buddies would switch to Spotify over Pandora if we got a discounted rate.

I wanna know why there isn't a military discount??? But there is a student discount!!!

I have recently discovered Spotify. I am doing the trial version. I see no veteran/Firefighter/LEO/EMS discount is offered. I really wish the stance on this would change. Those that serve others and protect our freedoms may enjoy this service as much as students who get a discount. 

its really sad to see this being delayed so long, or even ignored. As a young member of the active duty military community I have many friends who are in college and recieve the 50% off, yet still nothing for the military. What a shame that is.

Yes! I am a disabled vet. They need to step up to the plate just like MLB .com has done. Pun intended.

Indeed, it's been about 3 years since the original post has been made. Nothing has been done for the past three years, ignorance.

Hey just get Tidal
They have military discounts it's 5 dollars a month I believe

I don't think so.

It is generous they they even offer a Student Discount. It would be greatly appreciated if they also offered this discount to military/veterans as well.  

Looks like I will be getting Tidal since Spotify can't reply in 3 years. They must be a Liberal company. Offer a student discount but no military and first responders. SMH

I just chatted with a customer service rep and he said no they do not currently have a military discount. They do have a student discount. I hope they work on giving our military a discount. 

Get Tidal, they have the same content, but have a military discount for $5.99/month 

The solution is subscribing to Tidal. They have the same content, ad free, higher quality, some extra exclusive content, and a military discount for $5.99 /month 

Suggested posts