Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Misleading Input box during registering Spotify

Misleading Input box during registering Spotify

Everybody hates when you are mistype an info during registration because of the description inside the input box like this for example. And I even can't change my name with the student's discount was apply on that account. Just a simple mistake and can't even change my name with my MAIN EMAIL ADDRESS attached on it. Don't tell me to wait 1 year to create a new account with a new email address. Since I search for answers if there is a possibility to change my name, there isn't. A community legend named "Peter" answered the same question that you cannot change your name because there is a "embeded code" on the user's email address or the account. I will speak loud on the devs on the site, CHANGE THE MISLEADING DESCRIPTION. Instead of "What should we call you?", you should put SIMPLE description like "Name" or "Username". It's not that hard. And you can possibly avoid people who keeps asking question if they can change their name for just a SIMPLE MISTAKE.

dddd.png
1 Reply

Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts